Greek Civil War 1949-1950 Europe's Korean War

in OTL The Greek Civil War Ending with The Hellenic Army Defeating The Democratic Army of Greece( DSE) without the Western Direct Intervention was it possibly in scenario where the Democratic Army of Greece Threatening Athens and other Parts of Greece were the United States Directly with About the Same Force as the Korean
US Marines,82nd Airborne A Couple of Infantry And Armored Units etc​

in OTL The Greek Civil War Ending with The Hellenic Army Defeating The Democratic Army of Greece( DSE) without the Western Direct Intervention was it possibly in scenario where the Democratic Army of Greece Threatening Athens and other Parts of Greece were the United States Directly with About the Same Force as the Korean
US Marines,82nd Airborne A Couple of Infantry And Armored Units etc​
If the US intervenes there isn't much preventing them from "liberating" Greece, Stalin wanted to end the war meaning that he won't support the rebels and if the Communists allied themselves with Tito to at least have his support, he can't save the communists.

If the US intervenes there isn't much preventing them from "liberating" Greece, Stalin wanted to end the war meaning that he won't support the rebels and if the Communists allied themselves with Tito to at least have his support, he can't save the communists.
First “liberating Greece” Why is Liberating
in Quotes second Tito Did Allied Him With the Communists in OTL

Last edited:
First “liberating Greece” Why is Liberatingin Quotes
Because it's a question of perspective.
second Tito Did Allied Him With the Communists in OTL
Up until the Yugoslav-Soviet split, yes, however after that the communists had an internal struggle and they sided with the Soviets, this had devastating consequences for them IOTL and here it would be even worse with US involvement.

Because it's a question of perspective.

Up until the Yugoslav-Soviet split, yes, however after that the communists had an internal struggle and they sided with the Soviets, this had devastating consequences for them IOTL and here it would be even worse with US involvement.
So the Yugoslav-Soviet Split Is why The Communists lost the Greek Civil War I thought we sent so much Military Aid to Greeks That The Communists Gave Up

Last edited:
He Didn’t?! How Mao and CCP Beat the Nationalists… Wait i Know This One
He didn't support Mao nor any other communist force, the CCP managed to win thanks to the unpopularity of the KMT, better organization, Japanese weapons (which were left to the CCP by the Soviets) and more, there were a lot of mistakes on the KMT side which the CCP managed to exploit.

He didn't support Mao nor any other communist force, the CCP managed to win thanks to the unpopularity of the KMT, better organization, Japanese weapons (which were left to the CCP by the Soviets) and more, there were a lot of mistakes on the KMT side which the CCP managed to exploit.
Right Also KMT was Kinda Tired From doing most of the fighting against the Japanese and thanks to the unpopularity of the KMT how Times Changed now it’s the opposite Relatively with the Stand-off between The CCP and Taiwan

Last edited:
So Based on i read the OTL The Greek Communists/Democratic Army of Greece Failed because the Yugoslav-Soviet Split so in this Scenario the Yugoslav-Soviet Split Never Happen Allowing the Greek Communists to Capture Athens

Last edited:
There's a pretty major difference between the DPRK of the Korean War and the KKE-affilliated guerrillas. The first had an actual army whereas the second was still largely a mass of partisan fighters. The Greek communists didn't have significant armour or air power. The communist takeover of Greece was inevitable without Western intervention, but once western intervention occurred the situation was as good as settled.

There's a pretty major difference between the DPRK of the Korean War and the KKE-affilliated guerrillas. The first had an actual army whereas the second was still largely a mass of partisan fighters. The Greek communists didn't have significant armour or air power. The communist takeover of Greece was inevitable without Western intervention, but once western intervention occurred the situation was as good as settled.
Ok maybe European Korea War isn’t a good choice way to describe the Scenario but I what I mean by Korea is the first Phase Invasion of South Korea The Pusan Perimeter Ampibious Assault on Inchon and Urban Battle of Seoul by US Marines

Let’s let Yugoslavia play the DPRK.
Okay, it's a little bit reckless by Tito but not completed impossible if some other stuff is changed around and he expected full Soviet support for Yugoslav territorial integrity.
Ok maybe European Korea War isn’t a good choice way to describe the Scenario but I what I mean by Korea is the first Phase Invasion of South Korea The Pusan Perimeter Ampibious Assault on Inchon and Urban Battle of Seoul by US Marines
Okay so lets say that maybe there's a British expeditionary force like OTL, but smaller and as they begin advancing there's a sudden Yugoslav invasion, which pushes back the British to the Peleponnese and Corfu. US marines then come in? Kinda have Yugoslavia taking a semi-DPRK, semi-PRC role.

Okay so let’s say that maybe there's a British expeditionary force like OTL, but smaller and as they begin advancing there's a sudden Yugoslav invasion, which pushes back the British to the Peleponnese and Corfu. US marines then come in? Kinda have Yugoslavia taking a semi-DPRK, semi-PRC role.
Not sure about the British Expeditionary Force But Rest seems Good

Because he's an idiot who refuses to support communist movements, ex. in China he refused to support the CCP in the Civil War.

Stalin was deeply paranoid and profoundly insecure, he saw any communist or communist movement he didn't directly control as a threat. A worse threat than Nazis or Capitalists.

Stalin was deeply paranoid and profoundly insecure, he saw any communist or communist movement he didn't directly control as a threat. A worse threat than Nazis or Capitalists.
Meanwhile the KKE sided with the USSR and he still refused to help. Tbh I think he did so because he didn't want to anger the West.

Last edited: