WIP Map Thread

aCkqLjZ.png

Just a little map I've been working on lately. Some aspects of the world are much more blessed than our own TL, some are FAR worse. Feel free to ask questions, though some might not be answered. The POD is relatively recent so a lot of differences from OTL are not seen clearly from the borders (though in some cases looking at whether there are insurgents could help, but that's not a universal rule).
What are the relations between the E.U.,Serbia,Visegrad(?),and Russia?

Only problem with this visualization is that it feels unclear why 1 doesn't get it's own outline color, unless it's a general anarchy, or if the whole beige color is theoretically one regime under 1, but with 2, 3, and 4 being highly independent within it
It's my fault, I didn't give you the legend.
This map represents the Ming in the south facing the Shu dynasty in the north (instead of the Qing).
The number 1 corresponds to the lands still under the direct control of the Emperor while the numbers 2, 3 and 4 are generals and other local lords
beginning to take their autonomy while remaining nominally under the Ming.

What are the relations between the E.U.,Serbia,Visegrad(?),and Russia?
I see the outlines in the EU are confusing many people. Both Yugoslavia and what I assume you mean by Višegrad are part of the EU. The Višegrad looking thing and the Balkan outline represent 2/3 EU customs inions, the other being the Schengen zone which is the western EU countries. The thick blue outline is EU members, the thinner lines (pink, light blue and lighter blue) that sometimes overlap with the EU outline represent borders between countries that are in and that are not in the 3 customs unions.

Relations with Russia are, by and large not great. Though TTLs war in Ukraine started very differently and actually harmed Russia’s reputation way less than the OTL invasion, another, far worse event has stained the Union State’s moral standing ITTL. Under president Lukashenko no less. The Russian government has changed since the invasion of Ukraine and the civil war in Ukraine has been in a ceasefire for a good amount of years now, so some countries are warming up to Russia again but Russia remains broadly anti western and expansionism isn’t gone by any means.
As a result places like Poland and the Baltic states are still very much on edge, especially after the 2018 invasion of Moldova which is about as bad as it sounds.
On the other hand, the relative warmth countries like Hungary and Bulgaria towards Russia is now easier to justify in the international community “look they’ve changed” type stuff.
Germany, France, and the UK are still firmly anti Russian so the EU as a whole is as well. The EU ITTL is a lot more independent of the US and China is a bit different so Germany in particular has actually been looking to them as a potential guarantee against Russia, but as anti western sentiment grows in China, they’re also decreasingly viable partners against Russia.

Yugoslavia is very divided on the issue. Obviously Russophilia is widespread among the people, but that doesn’t necessarily mean blind love for the Russian government, and that’s even rarer among politicians.
The dominant party in all republics, the Social Democratic Alliance of Yugoslavia (SDSJ) under the soon-to-retire geriatric Ivan Stambolić is cordial with Russia, never having imposed sanctions on it and importing Russian products during the war in Ukraine, especially oil and gas. However it’s not really supportive of Russian policies either, often denouncing Russia, voting against its proposals in the UN, and such.
The Serbian wing of the SDSJ is more open to friendship with Russia, especially since the regime change.
The party’s Bosnian wing is opposed to it, as it’s mainly run by moderate Bosniaks who aren’t keen on the previous Russian government’s Orthodox nationalism and Islamophobia, and don’t trust the new Russian government to be any better as a role model or friend for Yugoslavia.
The Macedonian wing is kind of ambivalent while Montenegro mostly stays in line with Serbia.
Yugoslavia is very close with both the EU and what I’ll provisionally call Višegrad. Far more so than with Russia. Višegrad especially with it’s more socially conservative lean on issues like gay rights, compared to the western/core/Schengen EU states.
The more Serb nationalist coalition (as yet unnamed) under Milo Đukanović (yes I know) is openly quite friendly with Russia.
Worryingly for both the fiercely anti-Russian, pro western Liberal Democrats and the dominant moderate SDSJ, the coalition has been riding a wave of Serb nationalism stemming from the Kosovo war and has combined the nationalist leaning former SDSJ members (including the likes of Milo) with the less popular more typical right wingers of parties like the Radicals.
As such while presently Yugoslavia is fairly neutral but leans to the west, Serb nationalism threatens to pull it eastward, but also to rip it apart and have it suffer the very fate it narrowly avoided in the 90s.

hi, i want to be able to draw latitude lines, rhumb lines, and circles of specific radius from specfic coordinates. (ideally with topographic and riverbasin data too) what are my options? i tried using geacron, as its mercator so has simple lattitudes and rhumblines, but the coordinate data was off. my james town ended up centered in hampton, and the virginia company lines are at the wrong lattitudes.
zCjgbPw.png

I'm working on a map-timeline in which the HRE centralizes after the Lombard League gains the independence of Italy from the HRE, here's the 1184 (POD):
lombard league.png

Remain calm. The Channel Islands survive. The Empire endures. God save the King.
Made me laugh. Thank you.
West Indies
I forgot to sink those! I'll get on that. (I'm pretty sure I got Hong Kong).

EDIT: If anyone has advice on how the climate would be altered following the disappearance of the British Empire (except the Channel Islands), I'm very open to suggestions.

Last edited:
Made me laugh. Thank you.

I forgot to sink those! I'll get on that. (I'm pretty sure I got Hong Kong).

EDIT: If anyone has advice on how the climate would be altered following the disappearance of the British Empire (except the Channel Islands), I'm very open to suggestions.
I can't help but think that we would all die but honestly I am not sure what the heck would happen lmao