WI Nixon and Agnew scandals come out in October 68

If the efforts to undermine the peace talks and Agnew's corruption came out in the 68 election campaign I assume that Humprey wins.

How big of a difference does this mean

The problem with releasing the tapes is that the evidence was not yet concrete -- there was no smoking gun, in other words. Releasing Nixon's back-dealing would likely have the effect of making LBJ (and HHH by association) look desperate, to the point where they were accusing their political opponents of treason with lackluster proof; moreover, the means that were used to find this information was, well, illegal. All in all, public opinion could very likely have hurt LBJ, who comes out looking like not only an ineffectual & warmongering President (as he was already seen as), but also extremely dishonorable, who acquires questionable information about a political opponent through illegal means and tries to portray him as a traitor.

As for Agnew, Nixon won't have to deal with that if the effort to undermine the peace talks creates as much of a shitshow against LBJ as I think it would. If he decides to do something about Agnew, he might just quietly replace him with someone like Robert Finch (already his preferred running mate), but I think his lead at this point is so large it won't have a large effect.