What TL ideas do you have that will probably never see the light of day?

I have many ideas that will probably never see the light of day, or at least not for a while. I wonder if any of you have similar ideas that haven’t been posted for whatever reason.

I have an idea for a TL where Hitler is denied a spot in the German Army and instead joins the Austro Hungarian empire military serving in the Galician front. He then gets captured and introduced to Communism. He stays in Russia and fights in its civil war, even befriending Stalin. Eventually the two of them take over Russia and start an alternate WW2. Meanwhile Germany has a Monarchist restoration, but not the Hohenzollerns because that’s too cliche at this point. Instead it’s the Wittelsbachs who take power.

I don’t think I can do this idea justice or if it’s too ASB. I was toying with doing a map game with this concept but I don’t know how to do althist mapping or run a game.

Still I might do it one day. Maybe 5-10 years from now.
My own take on the "US tries to achieve superpower status with more kindness or at least as less really controversial decisions as possible for a world power" inspired by the recent "US wins cold war with kindness" thread, the various "best possible US reputation" threads we had some time back, the "Jefferson's anti-slavery crusade" timeline along with the HeX's deleted timeline about the US trying its' very best to live up to its' founding values.

Another idea I have interest in Ashfur wars, inspired by the general expectation that the Combined Syndicates in Kaiserreich would preserve "progressive" elements of US history regardless of what faction is in power and the fact that, as confirmed by Aelita/Jello herself the USAR in Reds! dosen't completely disavow the past history and still "upholds Lincoln", is the US left that dosen't adapt Sakaiist/Gerald Horne "American Sonderweg" thesis , trying to instead go "true patriotism opposing capitalism and Imperialism", and despite what happens regarding modern left twitter discorse, such a view does not degenerate into American Nazbolism. This would also fit very well with the above POD as I feel it is the Imperialism of the US post WWII combined with the failure to deal with a lot of systemic sociopolitical and racial issues that contributed to the emergence of such ideas.

Last edited:
I was thinking a TL where the Detroit Lions win a Superbowl. But it would have to go into ASB… ☹️😁😗

For me it's a lot of Nebraska Cornhusker football timelines. The thing is I get lost in the weeds. Plus further back its hard to find out who was an assistant where and who were candidates for certain jobs. I've had to look at a lot of university newspaper stories and while some are available, others are behind a paywall. Same with other big newspapers. Hard to find a lot of info. Granted some of the more modern ones are easier to find. I might look into one where Frank Solich stays at Nebraska, or if Turner Gill gets hired by Auburn (apparently didn't happen because Turner Gill has a white wife and the admins were not against this but worried the fan base would be, but who knows. It'd be interesting though as Cam Newton not only wouldn't go to Auburn, but he might not even be in the NFL or be as decently known.)

Also, outside of sports history, a big one I'd love to do is either a world where all the major World War Two leaders are American born, or immigrants. Churchill was pretty easy as his mom was American and maybe if something bad happens to his dad and he's disowned, maybe he lives in NY. Also, with Mussolini being named after Benito Juarez, maybe his dad tries to go to Mexico but is stopped in California, while Hitler could end up somewhere in the midwest. I'd prefer Minnesota, but anywhere in the upper midwest would be a good place, though it might be more interesting if he's in New York City's Kleindeutschland, or the German settled parts of Texas. Stalin is the hard one as I don't know of many Georgians moving to the US, and it doesn't seem like there's a hook. Hitler's dad at least wanted to be a farmer and Churchill had an American mom, and even Mussolini would be moving at a time many Italians moved to the US. Stalin though, well it'd be more ASB.

Another one would be all such leaders being dead, and the effects of that. Have Mussolini and Hitler die in World War One, while FDR dies of Polio in the 20's and Churchill dies after nearly being hit by a taxi in New York. Also, IIRC Stalin got run over by a cart and had a withered arm or leg right? He could easily die as a child. Anyways if somehow all the butterflies lined up t would be interesting.

One ISOT I thought would be interesting, but lack the skill or time to do:
A major shopping mall from the mid '90's, with parking lot, is ISOTED to 1550--70 years before the pilgrims landed. No animal life, including people, go, but the seed section in the Sears store does. Doors fail open, so the indigenous people of what becomes Plymouth in our time can freely explore. I'm envisioning New Hampshire's Fox Ruun Mall, since shopped there a lot. There was even a replica sword shop there, but they were NOT battle usable...just decorative.
Things like the bows in the sporting goods store, and stainless steel that simply won't rust, including knives, pans, and more are there. Aluminum pans are abundant, there's three jewelry stores, plus the fine jewelry departments in Sears and Jordan Marsh, and more.
What do the natives make of it?
(Some of the seeds won't grow, but others will, and they habe pictures of what should grow...)
There's the tool department in Sears--sure, the power tools are useless, but the saws, axes, whatever...
Then there's a mother lode of other stuff--sure, some are useless, like the lingerie , but blue jeans, boots, tones of rope, sheets of metal...

Would the locals of the time be more likely to see this as frightening and forbidden, or a resource to be exploited, or something else altogether.

The big posters in almost every department show almost all white people, be they mowing lawns, driving nails, or modeling clothes.

By the time the Mayflower arrives, all who witnessed the arrival are gone, parts of the roof have fallen in, but the place is still there. What has the existence of a major, if untenanted, mall, done.
When it first arrived, generators kicked in as it was no longer on the grid, so there were some sort of fantastic lights, but those didn't last. Some of the cars that were going in and out were suddenly unoccupied, so they drifted to a stop, or hit something.

Could be an interesting timeline, but I couldn't do it!

Very intrigued by this timeline, would you mind expanding on a few things?

I can't find any information one way or the other about the Entente pulling their assets out of the U.S. in 1914 (or the Fed's role in averting a banking panic) -- what are you basing that off of?

Besides pushing a 6-year term limit (which may or may not have been ratified), what other policies differing from Wilson's OTL platform do you think Clark would have pursued?

And finally, would Clark have won reelection? Wilson nearly lost, and that was without any economic crisis. If it went the other way, what do you think President Hughes would have done?
The averted financial crisis is described in great detail in When Washington Shut Down Wall Street: The Great Financial Crisis of 1914 and the Origins of America's Monetary Supremacy by William L. Silber. It's briefly summarized in the Wikipedia article of Secretary of the Treasury William Gibbs McAdoo, which rips its description straight from that book.

According to the research of the late great @David T, the six-year term was quite popular at the time but was squashed by the Congressional Democrats as a favour to President Wilson after he voiced his disapproval of the idea. With President Clark actively supporting it I imagine it would be ratified fairly easily. But, despite his conservative reputation at the 1912 DNC, Clark was a fairly standard progressive at the time. I assume he would have done much the same as Wilson domestically, although I'm not familiar enough with Clark to say what his policy passions were with the exception of free trade.

I don't think that Clark would have been re-elected, although I think he would have been able to keep it close by (correctly) arguing that the depression was caused by foreign interference. For the same reasons he was picked as the Republican nominee IOTL, I think it's a safe bet that Charles Evans Hughes is elected in 1916. I don't know enough about Hughes to say how his presidency would go, but 1920 wouldn't be as much as a poison chalice as it was IOTL.

What would be especially interesting would be the dynamic in the 1920 election. The six-year term amendment had a grandfather clause which allowed previous presidents to run. While Clark would likely be considered too old to run again, he would be a kingmaker at the 1920 DNC. One of his biggest supporters was Carter Harrison Jr., so he could possibly be chosen as the Democratic nominee, especially if he had been a cabinet member and the Clark legacy hadn't been especially tainted. On the Republican side, Theodore Roosevelt had been gearing up for another run, and many Progressive Republicans had only supported the six-year amendment if it had a grandfather clause with Roosevelt in mind. Hughes was chosen in 1916 as a stopgap unity figure. He might not want to run for a six-year term immediately after if he considers it too long for any one person to be president. However, he would probably be under a lot of pressure from conservative Republicans to run again as the only one who could keep out Roosevelt. Again, I don't know enough about Hughes to say what he would do, but I do think the 1920 election would be a toss-up dependent on the progression of the First World War and Hughes' presidency. If Hughes does enter the war, then I think 1920 would be a guaranteed Democratic year.

Coulsdon Eagle

Monthly Donor
Following the Curragh Mutiny, John French in OTL was on the verge of being stood down as future CO of the BEF, but the war came just about in time to keep him on.

In my ATL French is pushed off to a Home Command and Grierson is appointed in his stead, but then dies of cardiac arrest as OTL. Instead of Haig, Lord Kitchener selects Horace Smith-Dorien which, on the face of it, is a step up from Sir John, but Smith-Dorien is more aggressive as a commander, which leads the BEF into more trouble than OTL.

I have a vague concept for a timeline formatted as an alternate timeline Times Person of the Year every year from 1927 to the present with the POD being that Charles Limburg crashes into the Atlantic during his famous flight, this triggers a serious of butterflies that send the world in a new direction.

I still think the format is interesting but as you can see I really had no serious plan for the content of the timeline. Might still make it thought.

The averted financial crisis is described in great detail in When Washington Shut Down Wall Street: The Great Financial Crisis of 1914 and the Origins of America's Monetary Supremacy by William L. Silber. It's briefly summarized in the Wikipedia article of Secretary of the Treasury William Gibbs McAdoo, which rips its description straight from that book.

According to the research of the late great @David T, the six-year term was quite popular at the time but was squashed by the Congressional Democrats as a favour to President Wilson after he voiced his disapproval of the idea. With President Clark actively supporting it I imagine it would be ratified fairly easily. But, despite his conservative reputation at the 1912 DNC, Clark was a fairly standard progressive at the time. I assume he would have done much the same as Wilson domestically, although I'm not familiar enough with Clark to say what his policy passions were with the exception of free trade.

I don't think that Clark would have been re-elected, although I think he would have been able to keep it close by (correctly) arguing that the depression was caused by foreign interference. For the same reasons he was picked as the Republican nominee IOTL, I think it's a safe bet that Charles Evans Hughes is elected in 1916. I don't know enough about Hughes to say how his presidency would go, but 1920 wouldn't be as much as a poison chalice as it was IOTL.

What would be especially interesting would be the dynamic in the 1920 election. The six-year term amendment had a grandfather clause which allowed previous presidents to run. While Clark would likely be considered too old to run again, he would be a kingmaker at the 1920 DNC. One of his biggest supporters was Carter Harrison Jr., so he could possibly be chosen as the Democratic nominee, especially if he had been a cabinet member and the Clark legacy hadn't been especially tainted. On the Republican side, Theodore Roosevelt had been gearing up for another run, and many Progressive Republicans had only supported the six-year amendment if it had a grandfather clause with Roosevelt in mind. Hughes was chosen in 1916 as a stopgap unity figure. He might not want to run for a six-year term immediately after if he considers it too long for any one person to be president. However, he would probably be under a lot of pressure from conservative Republicans to run again as the only one who could keep out Roosevelt. Again, I don't know enough about Hughes to say what he would do, but I do think the 1920 election would be a toss-up dependent on the progression of the First World War and Hughes' presidency. If Hughes does enter the war, then I think 1920 would be a guaranteed Democratic year.

Man, I love this forum. The things your learn and the depth of knowledge of the user base is astounding. TIL motherfucking William McAdoo is to thank for America's global financial dominance.

That is fascinating, thank you so much for sharing! Even a one-term Clark presidency seems like it could have had massive butterflies -- a panic and economic depression in 1914 would have been a big deal. Seems like many OTL Wilson first-term progressive policies still happen like cutting tariffs, instituting federal income tax, restricting child labor, establishing the FTC, strengthening workers' rights, and Latin American interventions. But based on what you're saying, the 6-year presidential term amendment could really have happened without a Wilson victory. Between the depression and amendment... those are serious TL changes.

Dems likely lose the House in the 1914 midterms and I agree, I think Clark loses to Hughes in 1916 in this scenario -- I'm not sure how a Hughes presidency would have looked domestically, but joining the war would probably still come down to unrestricted submarine warfare and the Zimmermann telegram. Given GOP interventionist proclivities at the time he was probably more likely to join the war than Wilson was OTL, but another plausible (though independent) POD stopping USW and Zimmermann's folly could certainly have kept the U.S. neutral. Between less U.S. financial and material support due to the unmitigated Panic of 1914 and no U.S. troops to swing the balance in 1917/18, the Entente is worse off and a CP "victory" seems plausible (via some sort of favorable negotiated settlement alla @TheReformer's excellent "To the Victor, Go the Spoils (Redux).")
U.S. neutrality also probably either stops or greatly slows the Great Migration, so ITTL a much larger black population remains in the rural South and a much smaller one ends up in the cities of the North.

Hughes' daughter died of tuburculosis in 1920, which stopped him from seeking the GOP nomination OTL. I think ITTL that still happens -- Hughes doesn't run for a second term in 1920 which leaves the field wide open in both parties. (Note: in a Republican victory scenario in 1920, Hughes may still end up as Sec. of State trying to deliver a Washington Naval Treaty in a veryyyy different world than OTL.) The Dems likely still face splits over the Klan and Prohibition but even without the U.S. joining WW1 should have a shot at the presidency in 1920 for the first ever 6-year term -- especially because the 1920-21 Depression likely still hits (maybe hits the U.S. less hard than OTL but nonetheless) and now it's a Republican in the White House presiding over it.

1920 Presidential Election would have been a doozy. Assuming the U.S. stays neutral, CP victory (of some sort), 1920-21 depression akin to OTL, and Hughes not seeking reelection, who do you think is in the running?
  • For the Dems, certainly not McAdoo, without Wilson buoying his career over the previous decade. Palmer is probably out too, having never been appointed Attorney General without Wilson (still serving in the House, I imagine). Davis would not be appointed Ambassador to the U.K. ITTL, so he's also likely out (also still serving in the House). Does it become a race between Cox and Smith, meaning the OTL Cox-FDR ticket is quite likely?
  • For the GOP, with TR still dead ITTL too it's probably as chaotic as OTL -- Wihtout the war the generals are likely out, but Johnson, Lowden, Sproul... any could be the pick. That could mean a compromise candidate like Harding or Knox ITTL too. But no clue what would have happened. The League of Nations isn't there as a wedge issue though.
A Cox presidency would be 6-years of another progressive dem reformer based on his actions as Governor of Ohio and 1920 campaign platform (he also favored both women's sufferage and prohibition). No clue what a 6-year GOP term would have looked like because I don't know how to determine a plausible nominee. Progressive or conservative would have made a big difference. Harding and Knox were both compromise candidates -- choosing either means POTUS dies soon into the term (Aug '23 and Oct '21 respectively), so the VPOTUS pick would end up mattering a great deal as well assuming a GOP victory in the general election.

A lot to work with here. Awesome TL idea.

A lot to work with here. Awesome TL idea.
I appreciate your interest! Unfortunately a full timeline about it from me likely won't be happening anytime soon since I intend to finish my Eugene McCarthy timeline (one of these days) before starting anything else. The Mothra-sized butterflies that would come from Clark's presidency would take a gargantuan amount of research for me to be satisfied with the finished product, so it'll probably have to wait for a few decades haha.

I think the powerbrokers of a Clark Administration would include Senators John Kern and William Stone, Judge Alton B. Parker, Mayor Carter Harrison Jr. and Tammany Boss Charles Murphy. Clark's sister-in-law Anna Hamilton Pitzer was a prominent Colorado Democrat at the time and would have been around in an advisory capacity as well. William Jennings Bryan may have played some role, but Clark was deeply hurt by his close friend Bryan turning against him at the 1912 DNC and it would've been something fairly token such as Secretary of the Interior. But, the biggest name of them all and Clark's heir apparent would've been none other than William Randolph Hearst, his pick for Secretary of State. With four years as a senior cabinet member and with his media empire boosting him, Hearst would be the favourite to win the Democratic nomination in 1920, especially if he can really twist the screws on Hughes for entering the war.

As for the Republicans, it's worth keeping in mind that Roosevelt's death was likely accelerated by a few years by the emotional devastation of the death of his son Quentin in the war. Given the massive conservative resistance to a third TR term (especially a six-year one!) it would be difficult for Roosevelt to get the nomination, but not impossible. If America stayed out of the war the resulting shaky German victory wouldn't be very good for the economy, so Roosevelt could present himself as representing America re-entering the world stage after shirking its international responsibilities. A Roosevelt v. Hearst match-up. Could you imagine?

You raise a good point about how many potential Republican presidents would have died before their term was up. The six-year term amendment stated that if the president died, the vice president would serve out the rest of the term, but would be completely ineligible for running for their own term (although a sitting vice president could run for president afterward if their president did not prematurely leave office). No matter what, the administration would change after the 1926 election. If not Roosevelt, then a Hughes-esque compromise or someone from Hughes' cabinet (or both) is likely, and the butterflies since 1912 would've stirred up a whole bunch of B-tier Republicans to possibly serve as vice president.

One of my ATL ideas ( I will never write them due to the limitations of English abilities )

10/14 attacks, 1981

POD: 1977
The German Autumn never happened
Those young German far left terrorists of RAF lived
They found that they hate America more than West Germany

They started a big plot
And it turned into true by 1981

In October 14 1981, four huge explosion reported in Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, Capitol building and Time Square

This attack got 3000+ American killed, changed the path of Cold War forever
Caused the third red scare ( Worse than Mccarthyism in 1950s )

If you're leftist ,even liberal in America, you might get fired, bullied, ignore, and lost the job, get investigated by Fedreal Government regularly
American people connected the leftist to the terriosm, it strangled leftists activities , reputation , development in America basically .

Cold War tension with Soviet are much worse than OTL

Actually Soviet try their best to make US believe they aren't behind the attack and prevent the WW3 nuclear war

Gorbachev never came to power, Romanov instead.

Soviet invaded Poland in Dec 1981 (two months after 10/14)

1983 US invasion of Cuba, beginning of the war of Cuba (1983-1990)

1984 Berlin riots ( Inspired by Protect and Survive )

Reagan abandoned Bush in
1984 election, due to Bush being denounces as "too moderate and weak" by public

Reagan won 32 states

A "Chernobyl esque" nuclear incident happened in America, July 1985

Ronald Reagan got killed by far left terrorists in 1986

1980s became a era of red scare, people will questioned you if you're not right wing

Larry Mcdonald never died, he became new Joe Mccarthy, Mcdonaldism dominated the 1980s America, post 10/14 America

The paranoid and impression of "Left wing is terrorists" rooted in American's mindset forever..........

kernel

Gone Fishin'
I'm thinking of a TL where Fidel, Raul, and Che Guavara are killed by Bautista's forces in 1956 when their ship the Granma runs aground in Cuba. Bautista is eventually overthrown by Eloy Guitierrez Menoyo, who establishes a center-left (but still U.S.-aligned) democracy.

The TL will focus on the butterflies of the Cold War that come about by not having a Communist Cuba on America's doorstep ... i.e. no Cuban Missile Crisis and less Soviet involvement in Latin America.

Well when BingChat and Bard was new I tried it out with alt history. Most heavily ASB:

1. Create a timeline of the nation of dixie where the Three-fifths compromise fails and the south and north split along the latitude of 39°43′20″ N,us abolishes slavery during the 1820's, both dixie and the us jointly purchase louisiana, the latitude of 39°43′20″ N line extended west,dixie buys florida, war of 1812,boll weevils invade dixie during the 1820's,planters sell 90% of their slaves to brazil and the barbary coast, dixie abolishes all forms of slavery in the 1830's,dixie settles texas , texas revolt,dixie fights mexico,us british divides oregon territory
2. create a timeline to 2020 where nova scotia joins the revolutionary war.
3. create a timeline where new brunswick and nova scotia join the american revolution
4. That’s an interesting request. Here’s a possible timeline where Holland keeps New York
5. Pilgrims make it to Manhattan
6. write a timeline where the dutch and sweden keep their north american colonies
7. create a timeline where britain reorganizes counties out of the 13 colonies after the french and indian war and admit them to parliament
8. create a timeline where the us recognizes the Iroquois Confederacy
etc.

My Eu alts pretty much standard i.e. if Henry V lived longer, Gustave Adolphus lives, If Germany had taken Leningrad,stuff like that.

Yeah I know a.i. alts are frowned on but some seemed pretty good but will not post them here.

I had a TL idea where a Communist MacArthur took power in an America that had a Communist revolution. I named it "The Red Caesar" in reference to how in OTL he was called the American Caesar as well as Stalin being called the Red Star. It didn't really went anywhere and I eventually lost interest in it.

I'm thinking of a TL where Fidel, Raul, and Che Guavara are killed by Bautista's forces in 1956 when their ship the Granma runs aground in Cuba. Bautista is eventually overthrown by Eloy Guitierrez Menoyo, who establishes a center-left (but still U.S.-aligned) democracy.

The TL will focus on the butterflies of the Cold War that come about by not having a Communist Cuba on America's doorstep ... i.e. no Cuban Missile Crisis and less Soviet involvement in Latin America.
Very cool idea especially if it stays really focused in that one area so can go into a great deal of depth. I did kinda a similar thing in my TL, (a left-leaning pro-US Cuban government, that is) but with Jose Echeverria's Directorio Revolucionaro taking power.

I had a TL idea where a far right coup succeed in France in 1933 leading to a new French Kingdom. France would reform it's army toward the movement war with De Gaulle ideas leading to a complete resistance against Nazi Germany offensive. Due to the statelemate on the western front, the USSR attack Germany as well as the rest of Europe.

I appreciate your interest! Unfortunately a full timeline about it from me likely won't be happening anytime soon since I intend to finish my Eugene McCarthy timeline (one of these days) before starting anything else. The Mothra-sized butterflies that would come from Clark's presidency would take a gargantuan amount of research for me to be satisfied with the finished product, so it'll probably have to wait for a few decades haha.

I think the powerbrokers of a Clark Administration would include Senators John Kern and William Stone, Judge Alton B. Parker, Mayor Carter Harrison Jr. and Tammany Boss Charles Murphy. Clark's sister-in-law Anna Hamilton Pitzer was a prominent Colorado Democrat at the time and would have been around in an advisory capacity as well. William Jennings Bryan may have played some role, but Clark was deeply hurt by his close friend Bryan turning against him at the 1912 DNC and it would've been something fairly token such as Secretary of the Interior. But, the biggest name of them all and Clark's heir apparent would've been none other than William Randolph Hearst, his pick for Secretary of State. With four years as a senior cabinet member and with his media empire boosting him, Hearst would be the favourite to win the Democratic nomination in 1920, especially if he can really twist the screws on Hughes for entering the war.

As for the Republicans, it's worth keeping in mind that Roosevelt's death was likely accelerated by a few years by the emotional devastation of the death of his son Quentin in the war. Given the massive conservative resistance to a third TR term (especially a six-year one!) it would be difficult for Roosevelt to get the nomination, but not impossible. If America stayed out of the war the resulting shaky German victory wouldn't be very good for the economy, so Roosevelt could present himself as representing America re-entering the world stage after shirking its international responsibilities. A Roosevelt v. Hearst match-up. Could you imagine?

You raise a good point about how many potential Republican presidents would have died before their term was up. The six-year term amendment stated that if the president died, the vice president would serve out the rest of the term, but would be completely ineligible for running for their own term (although a sitting vice president could run for president afterward if their president did not prematurely leave office). No matter what, the administration would change after the 1926 election. If not Roosevelt, then a Hughes-esque compromise or someone from Hughes' cabinet (or both) is likely, and the butterflies since 1912 would've stirred up a whole bunch of B-tier Republicans to possibly serve as vice president.

HEARST????? This TL is absolutely bonkers man. I'm enamored.

Ok so getting down to brass tacks (the parts you can hopefully speculate on without 2 decades of research):
  1. Who would Clark's likely VP pick be in 1912?
  2. How would a Hughes presidency look domestically (1917-1921)?
    • Does TR get a cabinet post in the Hughes admin ITTL? He would have pressed hard to join the war. But with no resumption of USW and no Zimmermann telegram denying an obvious casus belli, maybe a Senate filibuster ultimately stops the intervention.
    • I still don't think he seeks re-election in 1920 due to the death of his daughter and the weight of facing a 6-year term.
  3. Vice President Fairbanks dies in office ITTL -- who is Hughes' likely pick for a new VP to finish the term?
  4. I'm a bit skeptical about TR living much longer even if Quentin survives ITTL -- I'm sure the grief didn't help but my understanding was that really the jungle sickness was the culprit behind his decline. As it is, he'd still have to live a full year just to get the nomination, a year and a half to see election day... As much as a Roosevelt v. Hearst match-up would be epic I'm not sure about it. Will have to break out my TR biographies when I get home.
    • If not TR in 1920, what are the other likely Republicans to be favorites at the convention? Who was likely to be in the Hughes admin that would get a boost compared to OTL? The VP replacing Fairbanks could be in an excellent position here.
  5. Sounds like the Dem primary is going to be Hearst v. Cox. v. Smith with Hearst as the favorite and likely winner. Who do you think he'd pick as a running mate?
    • Kern and Stone are both dead by 1920. Hearst is the obvious heir unless Clark's VP is still around.
    • Dems have a good chance to beat a non-TR Republican even without the war, especially with Hughes presiding over another economic crisis in 1920 and a shakier global economy due to the CP victory in WW1.

Last edited:

kernel

Gone Fishin'
Very cool idea especially if it stays really focused in that one area so can go into a great deal of depth. I did kinda a similar thing in my TL, (a left-leaning pro-US Cuban government, that is) but with Jose Echeverria's Directorio Revolucionaro taking power.
I was thinking of looking at the overall Cold War rather than one area. Since Cuba not going communist has some very interesting impacts on the U.S.-Soviet Relationship as well as the Sino-Soviet split.

In addition, I was also thinking of domestic impacts. Communist Cuba not existing means no Cuban Missile Crisis, which means Republicans do better in the 1962 midterms and Nixon wins the California Gubernatorial election. This could result in much of Kennedy's New Frontier agenda becoming stalled, and a Nixon v. Kennedy rematch in 1964.

I’ve got a string of six rolls for a Central European commonwealth out of Hungary/Poland 56 which cops a second more workerist revolution in 68 when Czechoslovakia acceeds to the commonwealth resulting in an unusual workerist boot of nomenklatura high social democratic post fordi. But it is too many sixes and the interested readers can see the high level impacts on transnational capitalist blocs for themselves.

You ought to read Frank Argote Fayere's Batista Biography.