6b5.jpg

Jews, Slavs, Orthodox Christians and homosexuals in the New Holy Roman Enpire upon hearing of Emperor Adolf's death (1954 colorised).

Also It would be incredibly funny if the Illuminists simply decide to nuke Batsaniy and his troops out of existence at one point.

Long time lurker, first time poster. I wonder if there is a map of West Germania prior to it being absorbed by the Loomie German republic. I am just fascinated about this place being an unholy lovechild of Weimar-era Germany and OTL South Vietnam with all the unstable governments, virulent anti-Loomie sentiment, and it being firmly under the thumb of a foreign (American) power.

@Napoleon53 I just watched this movie called Jacob's Ladder. Maybe you already know about that movie, since according to what I've read is a cult classic, but I'm not sure how known it really is on this side of the Internet.

Anyway, point is, I think you will find Jacob's Ladder very interesting for inspiration purposes. I won't spoil you the story, because it's better to watch it with very few knowledge, but the basics go like this: in a dilapidated New York, a Vietnam vet discovers he's going apeshit as reality crumbles around him. Might involve government shadiness. Or maybe not. It's complicated.

With this, you can already see some stuff that can connect with WMIT. Op Enduring Climax and it's soldiers are meant to parallel the Vietnam war, which plays an interesting role in the film. The element of craziness is just appropiate for a world of madness. The government related paranoia will remind you of dark stuff that the RU/NUSA has done several times and will continue doing throughout the TL. And the athmosphere of 70s New York in this film is a great inspiration for the sometimes implied decadence of NUSA's urban society in future decades. I think the way the movie plays with all these things might give you some new ideas or angles to use in the Pinnacle Future, maybe in some arc or plotline concerning the nightmares of OP Enduring Climax and veterans of the war dealing with what happened to them in the streets of the Pinnacle Future.

There are actually far more elements at play in the storyline, and the vibes and tone of the film are wildly different from the more "lol so wacky" Madnessverse. It's a more grim and harsh story. But Jacob's Ladder is a very interesting and haunting film, and if you don't like it, you still will have seen something different from the rest.

I would have sent a trailer, but I feel like that would give away too much.

Last edited:
@Napoleon53 I just watched this movie called Jacob's Ladder. Maybe you already know about that movie, since according to what I've read is a cult classic, but I'm not sure how known it really is on this side of the Internet.

Anyway, point is, I think you will find Jacob's Ladder very interesting for inspiration purposes. I won't spoil you the story, because it's better to watch it with very few knowledge, but the basics go like this: in a dilapidated New York, a Vietnam vet discovers he's going apeshit as reality crumbles around him. Might involve government shadiness. Or maybe not. It's complicated.

With this, you can already see some stuff that can connect with WMIT. Op Enduring Climax and it's soldiers are meant to parallel the Vietnam war, which plays an interesting role in the film. The element of craziness is just appropiate for a world of madness. The government related paranoia will remind you of dark stuff that the RU/NUSA has done several times and will continue doing throughout the TL. And the athmosphere of 70s New York in this film is a great inspiration for the sometimes implied decadence of NUSA's urban society in future decades. I think the way the movie plays with all these things might give you some new ideas or angles to use in the Pinnacle Future, maybe in some arc or plotline concerning the nightmares of OP Enduring Climax and veterans of the war dealing with what happened to them in the streets of the Pinnacle Future.

There are actually far more elements at play in the storyline, and the vibes and tone of the film are wildly different from the more "lol so wacky" Madnessverse. It's a more grim and harsh story. But Jacob's Ladder is a very interesting and haunting film, and if you don't like it, you still will have seen something different from the rest.

I would have sent a trailer, but I feel like that would give away too much.
You should read the book, its even better if you want to go down a pretty fucked up rabbit hole lmao

Guys, I found something that might interest you. So there's this website called Character.AI where you can have "conversations" through dialogue messages with a character, based on real life people or fictional, "played" by AI. Users can also create and submit new characters that will be in the site for other users to "speak" with them. In fact, most if not all of these characters have been created by other users. The format also lends itself for roleplay situations.

What does any of these have to do with WMIT? Well, given the colorful cast of the Madnessverse I figure some of you will have some ideas about what to do with this.

Just the peak of the iceberg:
Screenshot_20231025-022735_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231025-023459_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20231025-023504_Chrome.jpg

I've seen there are few (I don't know how many) other places with this technology, but character.ai is the one I discovered first and I'm most familiarized.

Guys, I found something that might interest you. So there's this website called Character.AI where you can have "conversations" through dialogue messages with a character, based on real life people or fictional, "played" by AI. Users can also create and submit new characters that will be in the site for other users to "speak" with them. In fact, most if not all of these characters have been created by other users. The format also lends itself for roleplay situations.

What does any of these have to do with WMIT? Well, given the colorful cast of the Madnessverse I figure some of you will have some ideas about what to do with this.

Just the peak of the iceberg:
I've seen there are few (I don't know how many) other places with this technology, but character.ai is the one I discovered first and I'm most familiarized.
Oh sweet baby Jesus, this is going to be a riot.

Orthogonal to the TL, but check out this absolute unit of a map, it perfectly encapsulates Madness! vibes and there's a couple of lore posts after the original in the map thread 😂 If @User_1204 turns it into a full TL it could make an interesting companion piece in the gonzo uchronia genre alongside my own humble contributions and such luminaries as What Madness is This? and Separated at Birth.

Last edited:
Orthogonal to the TL, but check out this absolute unit of a map, it perfectly encapsulates Madness! vibes and there's a couple of lore posts after the original in the map thread 😂 If User_1204 turns it into a full TL it could make an interesting companion piece in the gonzo uchronia genre alongside such luminaries as Separated at Birth.

That’s… disturbing.

Pretty sure Bush is probably one of the last OTL figure to appear here so don't expect more modern politics figures to appear in this TL. Maybe their faces as refs, but don't put your hope on it.