Votes: 35 13.7%
  • United Provinces of America

Votes: 144 56.5%
  • Patagonia

Votes: 22 8.6%
  • European Affairs

Votes: 54 21.2%

• Total voters
You know I wonder how the colonization of India will play out in this time line. In OTL Britain depended a lot on native rulers which led to the Princely States. However with Britain a Republic the options left to Britain are Full on conquest of the entirety of the subcontinent or staying satisfied with what they have which let's be honest is never going to happen.

Things in India are going to be.. different. Though Remember, republican France left monarchies intact in Indochina, so don't expect Britain to go full abolition empire wide

Lord 50% off of Kohl's

Damned auto-correct. Fixed!

Monarchs of Hanover after the end of the Personal Union.
  1. 1784-1837- William - Became King of Hanover in 1814
  2. 1837-1843 - Edward I
  3. 1843-1901 - Victoria - Salic law overturned due to concerns about her uncle, first in line for the throne, Prince Ernest August. While a female monarch wasn't the first choice of the Hanover Parliament, the liberal Victoria was greatly preferred over Ernest August when it became apparent that none of George III other living children wanted the throne.
  4. 1901-1910 - Edward II
  5. 1910-1936 - George IV
  6. 1936-1938 - Edward III - Killed during bombing by French forces
  7. 1940-1952 - George V - In Exile to 1945
  8. 1952-2022 - Victoria II - Elected Empress of the German Confederation in 1958
  9. 2022-present - George VI
So, are these people Monarchs of Hannover only, or also of the United Provinces.

Because the use of the name Edward seems to baffle me for a German royal house in the middle of Germany.

And it's not the same as a German royal house in England using that name...

So, are these people Monarchs of Hannover only, or also of the United Provinces.

Because the use of the name Edward seems to baffle me for a German royal house in the middle of Germany.

And it's not the same as a German royal house in England using that name...

Just Hanover, finishing up the United Provinces because I have something big planned for that.

As for the Edward thing.

As a result of Edward I, who did a lot to maintain the newly liberal Hanover, it became a very popular name in the Kingdom. And just sort of... stuck after Victoria named her eldest for her father, who since he lived she was rather close with.

So, version 1

The Prime Ministers of the United Provinces of America

I would like any and all criticism, if you have your own ideas or figures you want to see used, suggest them!

Some notes

It was decided that Prime Minister should come from the commons to appease more radical American thinkers, though the ministry could be sourced from both houses. The current Baker ministry has more than a few peers in its ranks.

The federalists transform into the Loyalist Whig Party and a number of other factions. The so-called Peelites eventually became the Conservative.

After landslide losses in 1935 and 1940 FDR manages to unite the Liberal and Progressive into a single force. The Labour party. The progressives were an offshoot of the liberals that formed around FDR's cousin, two-time PM Teddy Roosevelt due to disagreements with the Liberal party over a number of policy areas
  1. 1788-1795 - George Nugent-Temple-Grenville - Home Province - New York - Party - Independent
  2. 1795-1801 - Henry Addington - Home Province - Massachusetts - Party - Federalist
  3. 1801-1817 - Alexander Hamilton - Home Province - New York - Party - Federalist
  4. 1817-1822 - Thomas Jefferson - Home Province - Virginia - Party - Democratic-Agrarian
  5. 1822-1827 - John Quincy Adams - Home Province - Massachusetts - Party - Democratic-Agrarian
  6. 1827-1835 - Martin Van Buren - Home Province - New York - Party - Democratic
  7. 1835-1838 - Robert Peel - Home Province - Connecticut - Party - Federalist
  8. 1838-1841 - John C. Calhoun - Home Province - South Carolina - Party - Democratic
  9. 1841-1845 - Henry Clay - Home Province - Kentucky - Party - Loyalist-Whig
  10. 1845-1849 - James K. Polk - Home Province - Tennessee - Party - Democratic - Note- Died in office
  11. 1849-1852 - James Buchanan - Home Province - Pennsylvania - Party - Democratic
  12. 1852-1856 - Charles Pelham Villiers - Home Province - Iowa - Party - Loyalist-Whig
  13. 1856-1861 - John C. Breckinridge - Home Province - Kentucky - Party - Democratic
  14. 1861-1865 - Abraham Lincoln - Home Province - Illinois - Party - Conservative - Note - Assassinated
  15. 1865-1868 - William H. Seward - Home Province - New York - Party - Conservative - Note - Forced from office by his own party over reconstruction and voting rights, and a poor electoral performance
  16. 1868-1878 - John A. Macdonald - Home Province - Canada - Party - Conservative
  17. 1878-1883 - Horatio Seymour - Home Province - New York - Party - Liberal
  18. 1883-1888 - Robert Todd Lincoln - Home Province - Illinois - Party - Conservative
  19. 1888-1892 -Robert M. La Follette - Home Province - Wisconsin - Party - Liberal
  20. 1892-1897 - Randolph Churchill - Home Province - New Jersey - Party - Conservative
  21. 1897-1901 - William McKinley - Home Province- Ohio - Party - Liberal - Note - Assassinated
  22. 1901-1906 - Theodore Roosevelt - Home Province - New York - Party - Liberal - Note - First Term
  23. 1906-1910 - Joseph Gurney Cannon - Home Province - Illinois - Party - Conservative
  24. 1910-1915 - Woodrow Wilson - Home Province - Ohio - Party - Liberal
    1915-1919 - Theodore Roosevelt - Home Province - New York - Party - Progressive
    - Note - Second Term - Died in office
  25. 1919-1923 - Hiram Johnson - Home Province - California - Party - Progressive
  26. 1923-1930 - Calvin Coolidge - Home Province - Massachusetts - Party - Conservative
  27. 1930-1932 - Cordell Hull - Home Province - Tennessee - Party - Liberal
  28. 1932-1935 - Franklin D. Roosevelt - Home Province - New York - Party - Liberal - Note - First Term
  29. 1935-1936 - Charles Curtis - Home Province - Kansas - Party - Conservative - Note - Died in office
  30. 1936-1941 - Charles L. McNary - Home Province - Oregon - Party - Conservative - Note - Forced from office after the Pearl Harbor bombing
  31. 1941-1946 - Winston Churchill - Home Province - New York - Party - Conservative
    1946-1952 - Franklin D. Roosevelt - Home Province - New York - Party - Labour
    - Note - Second Term - Died in office
  32. 1952-1960 - Earl Warren - Home Province - California - Party - Labour - Note - chose not to seek another term and resigned as leader of the Labour party ahead of the 1960 election.
  33. 1960-1963 - John F. Kennedy - Home Province - Massachusetts - Party - Labour - Note - Assassinated
  34. 1963-1968 - Hubert Humphrey - Home Province - Minnesota - Party - Labour
  35. 1968-1976 - Richard Nixon - Home Province - New Albion - Party - Conservative - Note - First Term
  36. 1976-1981 - Fidel Castro - Home Province - Cuba - Party - Labour
    1981-1988 - Richard Nixon - Home Province - New Albion - Party - Conservative
    - Note - Second Term - Resigned due to age
  37. 1988-1992 - George Bush - Home Province - Massachusetts - Party - Conservative
  38. 1992-1998 - Al Gore - Home Province - Tennessee - Party - Labour
  39. 1998-2002 - Jerry Brown - Home Province - New Albion - Party - Labour
  40. 2002-2006 - John Kasich - Home Province - Ohio - Party - Conservative
  41. 2006-2016 - Diana Spender - Home Province - Virginia - Party - Labour
  42. 2016-present - Charles Baker - Home Province - Massachusetts - Party - Conservative
Looks great.

May I draft a suggested article for Nixon?

Looks great.

On the topic of Nixon, I do have a dumb idea based on an infobox I made back in the summer.

Basically, during the Prince of Wales's visit to the White House, Richard Nixon really tried to set him up with his daughter Tricia Nixon. Now clearly this went nowhere, but it gave me an idea for something like that to actually happen ITTL. Clearly the American royal family is different from the OTL British royal family who are in Hanover, and I'm sure that a royal genealogy's already been decided, but it could be interesting to have the Nixons or even some other prominent PM's family marry into the Royal Family based on this historical tidbit.

On the topic of Nixon, I do have a dumb idea based on an infobox I made back in the summer.

Basically, during the Prince of Wales's visit to the White House, Richard Nixon really tried to set him up with his daughter Tricia Nixon. Now clearly this went nowhere, but it gave me an idea for something like that to actually happen ITTL. Clearly the American royal family is different from the OTL British royal family who are in Hanover, and I'm sure that a royal genealogy's already been decided, but it could be interesting to have the Nixons or even some other prominent PM's family marry into the Royal Family based on this historical tidbit.
Great idea. I will incorporate that idea.

Good King George

George III (George William Frederick; 4 June 1738 – 29 January 1820) was the first King of the United Provinces of America reigning from 12 October 1784 to 29 January 1820, and the final monarch of Great Britain and Ireland from 25 October 1760 to 12 October 1784. He was concurrently Duke and Prince-elector of Brunswick-Lüneburg ("Hanover") until 1784 when he abdicated in favour of his son, William, having never visited the country. Known as Good King George in America and George the Tyrant in the British Isles, he remains the most controversial monarch in British History.

George's life and early reign were marked by a series of military conflicts involving his kingdoms, much of the rest of Europe, and places farther afield in Africa, the Americas and Asia. Early in his reign, Great Britain defeated France in the Seven Years' War, becoming the dominant European power in North America and India. Despite these upheavals abroad, domestically during much of this time, the King behaved as was expected of a constitutional monarch of the time. However, this would change drastically beginning in the 1760s when he began to insert himself into colonial policy towards America. George, who had displayed traits of quiet absolutism in his youth and afterwards, had developed a deep sympathy for the American position after coming into contact with Benjamin Franklin, and by the 1760s his court was "The Most American Place in London" as these connections furthered. His efforts to delay or alter acts in line with American concerns peaked with his refusal to grant royal ascent to the Massachusetts Government Act, which he regarded as tyrannical, and in opposition to the "Rights of Englishmen" These actions would eventually trigger the First British Civil War, as the Whig Party moved to remove a King they believed was overstepping his position. After a failed attempt to arrest him and place his elder son on the throne the King, who viewed these efforts as nothing short of treason, would respond by ordering the arrest of the coup plotters, Parliament would denounce this, and over the next several weeks both sides manoeuvred for control of the capital. The first true battle of the war would be the skirmish at Hyde Park, with matters only escalating from there.

In 1779, George was forced to flee to America, after the fall of London to Parliamentary forces. Arriving in the colonies, he would oversee the defeat of Parlimarety forces in America, the appointment of the American negotiators for the Peace of London, and afterwards the establishment of a new nation. Named King of the United Provinces by the Continental Congress in 1784, he would create the office of Prime Minister of the United Provinces in 1788, call the election of the first American Parliament, order the construction of a new capital on the banks of the Potomac River, spearheaded the formation of a standing American Army, and the reconstruction of the Royal Navy. When George III died in 1820, the Prince of Wales and the Appalachians succeeded him as King George IV.

A controversial figure in his own time, and into the modern era, he remains both landed and reviled for his actions, the extent to which the Civil War can be claimed on him remains a debated question.

e4BjZJy.png
I don't think this has been addressed, but does George III still suffer from madness in his later years, or is that averted due to the other changes that have occurred?

Last edited:
Because the Crown is the final guarantor of the people's liberties, is the court system:
a. District courts, appellate courts, supreme court, the Crown​
b. District courts, appellate courts, supreme court of which the Monarch is similar to Chief Justice​
c. District courts, appellate courts, the Crown​
d. or the Crown just doesn't give assent to laws which violate such rights​

Last edited:
Looks great.

Tricia can marry a member from one of America’s royal dukedoms.
Yes. Perhaps married to the heir of Duke of Mount Vernon - John Thornton Augustine Washington

This would help to make the House of Washington second only to the House of Hanover in distinction in America.

Something on Nixon is coming up soon, and his long term in office. I've read that to! Always thought it was funny!

I was tempted to have Trica Nixon marry George, Prince of Hanover and son of Empress Elizabeth, having met during one of the many summits Elizabeth held between the houses of Hanover during Nixon's time as Prime Minister. But it's something I'm mulling over. That or she marry's into an American Dukedom. Nixon himself gets, rather controversially, created a Duke by Bush, a move that results in the same honour being granted to Castro. They remain the most recent non-Royal Dukedom's.

Owertius and I have discussed the idea of Prince Fredrick, marrying Abigail "Nabby" Adams after Adams is made a Duke, to secure Northern support, and their line becoming the Monarchs of the United Provinces after Fredrick takes the throne. I'd love some suggestions on that! Though I do quite like that Washington idea!

By the powers of alternate history, could you make Princess Amelia live longer, should she also happen to exist ittl?

I am tempted to have her live longer, and end up being quite the mover in the social scene of the Provinces. We'll see. I'm finishing up plans for all of Geroge's children.

I don't think this has been addressed, but does George III still suffer from madness in his later years, or is that averted due to the other changes that have occurred?

His madness is largely averted. Though he goes through some mental struggles due to... well the events that happen to him, he's in far better condition as he reaches the end of his life. I lean toward the arsenic theory. And here he's never placed into as much contact with it. He does suffer from dementia near the end though. Something kept hidden from the public eye.

justhookittomyveinsGIF!

Thanks! Maybe I should do a box on pop culture!

Because the Crown is the final guarantor of the people's liberties, is the court system:
a. District courts, appellate courts, supreme court, the Crown​
b. District courts, appellate courts, supreme court of which the Monarch is similar to Chief Justice​
c. District courts, appellate courts, the Crown​
d. or the Crown just doesn't give assent to laws which violate such rights​

I'm in the process of designing the Justice system now, but it's something of a mix of A and B. The King retains the right to intercede on these matters but has done so rarely since the mid-20th century.

A tad too many Teds?

Damn! Sorry! Fixed it!

If so, how are there some baronesses in the infobox?

I may do something on Barons created in 2022!

The Church of America
The Church of America

"I will tolerate the retention of the Church, but toleration is as far as that will extend."
Sir Thomas Jefferson - 1789

The Church.png
The Church of America (C of A) is the established Christian Church of the United Provinces of America. It is a mainline Protestant denomination and by far the nation's most prominent and largest faith, with 144 million baptized members, constituting more than a third of the American population. It is divided into forty provinces, each headed by an Archbishop. Members are referred to as Anglicans.

The Church was organized after the First British Civil War when it became separate from the Church of England; during the war, the clergy were split between their oath of allegiance to the British Monarch as Supreme Governor of the Church of England and support for Parliament. An estimated tenth of Church of England officials joined the loyalists in their flight to America. However, the actual number may be far higher, with many retiring, before joining the Church of America after migrating to the United Provinces after the Peace of London. These men and existing Church leaders in America worked with King George III to form a new clerical hierarchy in the Provinces. It was made the Established faith at the King's demand during the Constitution's authoring. It was a point of great contention, as many American-born Founders outright opposed the idea of a state religion. As a compromise, the Freedom of Religion Clause was added to the document, meaning that while the Anglican faith would hold a special status, the free practice of religion was to be permitted, and there would be no requirement for any Christian minister to submit to the authority of the Church. This left the Church of America as a far weaker institution than the Church of England had been, and proved to be a source of lingering resentment for George III who believed he had betrayed his oath in legally enshrining full religious pluralism. The Church describes itself as "Protestant, yet Catholic" and claims apostolic succession, tracing its bishops back to the apostles via holy orders. Before the Great Ecclesiastical Treaty of 1978, the churches of America and England claimed authority over each other as the true successor to the pre-civil war faith. Many, however, rejected this and it remains nicknamed the "True Anglican Church" among much of the American peerage. In 1990, the Church granted independence to the Churches of the Philippines, Liberia, and Patagonia, all of which retained the Monarch as their supreme governor.

The American Monarch (currently Victoria) is the supreme governor, and the archbishop of New Canterbury (currently Micheal Curry) is the most senior cleric. The governing structure of the Church is based on provinces, each presided over by an archbishop, and below that are dioceses, headed by a bishop. And within each diocese are local parishes. The General Synod of the Church of America is the legislative body for the Church and comprises archbishops, bishops, other clergy and laity. The reigning Monarch opens its yearly summits. Its measures must be approved by the Parliament of the United Provinces.

In the modern era, there is growing controversy about the place of the Church in American life. According to polling in 2022, 31% of Americans support disestablishmentarianism, and the issue has re-entered the public debate due to the Labour Party adopting it as an official policy in 2021. In contrast to traditional advocates of disestablishment, Labour supports the Church becoming a National Church in recognition of its crucial role in the nation's history but to remove it entirely from the structure of the state.

Things.PNG

Last edited: