Corrupt Bargain of 1876 questions

I'm working on a timeline that starts in 1876. It's not primarily a political timeline, but politics are, of course, critical to the background.
As a result of the changes since the POD (Meteorite makes a big big hole in New Hampshire) Hayes gets a few more votes.
(President Grant responded decisively, and the explosion was heard in New York and the top of the mushroom cloud was visible.)
election-of-1876-november-14-png.620601

The result is that Hayes has a majority of the electoral college, but the three states that still have garrisons sent two sets of returns to Washington.
What sort of wheeling and dealing might result, if any? There's going to be a deadlock over the votes, and at a minimum, a certain level of symbolic importance.

notch-flood-improved-with-flooding3-jpg.620587

If you're interested, the impact area will look like this when it's full, minus the highways and such. For anyone that knows Lincoln, NH, ground zero was 35 feet southwest of the southwest entrance to where the Lincoln McDonald's would have been had the impact not happened.

All I am looking for here is the effects on the election if Hayes wins outright, as the first map shows; I don't know enough about the politics of the era. If you're interested in the USA of 1876 reaching for the skies, with further changes coming, it's here:

Thanks

If Hayes has that big a majority, the disputed states don't matter. There's no point to the Democrats fighting over those returns.

BTW, OTL the Democrats tried to buy the electoral votes of South Carolina and Florida. The Republican election boards in both states were ready to sell, but while they were negotiating the price and the Democrats were trying to raise the money, the clock ran out. This plotting was revealed later: the Republicans got hold of telegrams between Democrat HQ and their agents in SC and FL. The telegrams were encrypted, but the Republicans broke the cipher.

Hayes winning the election clearly may not make that much difference. The Redeemers had already taken over Mississippi, and IIRC "won" the state elections in SC and LA. OTL, I suppose that "the deal" included accepting the results of those state elections, but I'm not sure that the results could have been overturned, even with full presidential support.