As Dreamers Do Part Deux

Well, maybe that could be the plot of a filmed sequel to this movie. I think we'd need that with how the coincidences stacked up to better sales rates.
Since most of The Emperor's New Groove is about how Kuzco's pompousness got himself turned into a llama, could a sequel be a redemption arc for Kronk?

When does Joseph and the technicolor dreamcoat comes out? Is it at the end of the year or the start of next year?

Comes out Christmas Day. All I need is a voice cast. Thanks for reminding me.
James Woods: Narrator
Michael Douglas: Joseph
Liam Nesson: Jacob
Morgan Freeman: Potiphar
Madonna: Mrs. Ptiphar
Kevin Spacey: Pharaoh
Garry Shandling: Baker
Gary Sinise: Butler
Russell Crowe: Reuben
Kenneth Branagh: Simeon
Tobin Bell: Levi
Sean Hayes: Naphtali
Matt LeBlanc: Issachar
Harvey Keitel: Asher
James Marsden: Gad
Matt Damon: Judah
Kiefer Sutherland: Benjamin

I hope somebody save the American Adventure themepark in the UK. Who would be the best bet to save the park. Should it be American company like Turner Leisure, Six Kings Cedar Fair or Amebhus Bush.Or should it be European Company like Parques Reunidos Aspro Parks, or the Virgin Group. The is also the possialby of the wablia group buying out the american adventure if they are still indpendent. The walibi group was bought by sixflags in 1998 otl. But their was no mention of the Walbi group being bought by anybody in 1998 alt so their is a possibly the the walbi group could buyout the American Adventure

We'll this is basically a good timeline, but we should move forward with Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat.
Well before we do, I do have one more gaming related update to bring to the table. As of December 2000, Tetsuya Nomura's Kingdom Hearts is 25% complete. It will have its first trailer shown at the spring Tokyo Game Show in March with a release date in the states sometime in 2002. In terms of disc size, the game will have 16 explorable worlds from both the previous eight final fantasies and the Disney animated canon. Of those sixteen worlds, four are original: Destiny Islands, Traverse Town, The Gold Saucer, and the final world; The Hollow Void. What do you guys want to see Sora, Donald, and Goofy make the trip to?

Well before we do, I do have one more gaming related update to bring to the table. As of December 2000, Tetsuya Nomura's Kingdom Hearts is 25% complete. It will have its first trailer shown at the spring Tokyo Game Show in March with a release date in the states sometime in 2002. In terms of disc size, the game will have 16 explorable worlds from both the previous eight final fantasies and the Disney animated canon. Of those sixteen worlds, four are original: Destiny Islands, Traverse Town, The Gold Saucer, and the final world; The Hollow Void. What do you guys want to see Sora, Donald, and Goofy make the trip to?
I know I'm gonna have this idea rejected, but Tomobiki. Maybe if Kingdom Hearts is successful enough to become a big franchise, but the world of Urusei Yatsura should be considered at some point.

For the purposes of this one game, however? The 1970's Robin Hood animated film would be a great idea for a deep cut.

I know I'm gonna have this idea rejected, but Tomobiki. Maybe if Kingdom Hearts is successful enough to become a big franchise, but the world of Urusei Yatsura should be considered at some point.

For the purposes of this one game, however? The 1970's Robin Hood animated film would be a great idea for a deep cut.
Urusei Yatsura can make it into the game, but Square and Disney would have to negotiate with Shogokugan (who owns the master license for Urusei Yatsura) to bring it in.
For the first game, its just final fantasy and the Disney animated canon. After that, the Fox dubs, Disney afternoon, and Pixar would be open game.

Last edited:
Urusei Yatsura can make it into the game, but Square and Disney would have to negotiate with Shogokugan (who owns the master license for Urusei Yatsura) to bring it in.
That should be an easy fix for KH2 or some other future entry.
For the first game, its just final fantasy and the Disney animated canon. After that, the Fox dubs, Disney afternoon, and Pixar would be open game.
Great! I'd stick with a lot of what the first game had in terms of the Canon, albeit with The Snow Queen, Huck's Landing, some of the the Don Bluth films, and maybe even E.T. mixed in.

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (2000 Film)
joseph-king-of-dreams

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
Released on Christmas Eve 2000

Produced by
DreamWorks SKG

Distributed by
Universal Pictures

Songs by
Tim Rice
Andrew Lloyd Webber

Voice Talents
Matthew Broderick as Joseph
Paige O'Hara as Asenath
Anthony Hopkins as Judah
Richard Herd as Jacob
Maureen McGovern as Rachel
Pete Postlethwaite as the Pharaoh
Harvey Keitel as Asher
Tobin Bell as Levi
Morgan Freeman as Potiphar
Russell Crowe as Reuben
Kenneth Branagh as Simeon
Currie Graham as Naphtali
Sean Astin as Isaachar
Jim Cummings as the Butler and Baker

joseph-king-of-dreams

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
Released on Christmas Eve 2000

Produced by
DreamWorks SKG

Distributed by
Universal Pictures

Songs by
Tim Rice
Andrew Lloyd Webber

Voice Talents
Matthew Broderick as Joseph
Paige O'Hara as Asenath
Anthony Hopkins as Judah
Richard Herd as Jacob
Maureen McGovern as Rachel
Pete Postlethwaite as the Pharaoh
Harvey Keitel as Asher
Tobin Bell as Levi
Morgan Freeman as Potiphar
Russell Crowe as Reuben
Kenneth Branagh as Simeon
Currie Graham as Naphtali
Sean Astin as Isaachar
Jim Cummings as the Butler and Baker
Since this idea is relevant, I have an idea:

Using Miguel and Tulio from The Road to El Dorado, in a Roger Rabbit-style performance (Read: As actors in the real world.), to promote Sega materials.

Sherwood Forest would indeed be a good setting for a KH game.

Urusei Yatsura should be easy to clear for KH because Shogakukan so far has been pretty happy with the attention the property has received outside of Japan. A few Shogakukan employees have returned from America to share with their coworkers all the stories of college frat boys trading tapes of HBO airings within the first year of the show's American run. Not to mention the goosebumps they get from hearing the 20th Century-Fox fanfare at the beginning of each UY theatrical film.

That should be an easy fix for KH2 or some other future entry.

Great! I'd stick with a lot of what the first game had in terms of the Canon, albeit with The Snow Queen, Huck's Landing, some of the the Don Bluth films, and maybe even E.T. mixed in.
KH settings for TTL
Proguba (Anastasia)
St. Petersburg (Huck's Landing)
Great Valley (The Land Before Time)
The Bayou (The Rescuers or All Dogs Go to Heaven)
Arendelle (The Snow Queen)
Porter Hills (ET; A mix of Porter Ranch and Granada Hills, the Los Angeles neighborhoods where most of ET was filmed)
Port Royal (Pirates of the Caribbean)
Manhattan (TMNT or Gargoyles)

Since this idea is relevant, I have an idea:

Using Miguel and Tulio from The Road to El Dorado, in a Roger Rabbit-style performance (Read: As actors in the real world.), to promote Sega materials.
I'm sure that won't be too weird of an idea.

Superman appeared in an American Express commercial with Jerry Seinfeld not too long ago ITTL.

And more recently, Daniel Abbott, Devon Sawa, Brenda Song and Seth MacFarlane each appeared in a spot for the Burger King Kids Club tie-in for Casper and Molly McGee.

Sherwood Forest would indeed be a good setting for a KH game.
Great!
Urusei Yatsura should be easy to clear for KH because Shogakukan so far has been pretty happy with the attention the property has received outside of Japan. A few Shogakukan employees have returned from America to share with their coworkers all the stories of college frat boys trading tapes of HBO airings within the first year of the show's American run. Not to mention the goosebumps they get from hearing the 20th Century-Fox fanfare at the beginning of each UY theatrical film.
Well, since it's so darn easy to get the license, why not start with a Lum summon where she flies around and sparks enemies with free Thundaga attacks? Then, we can expand into an entire world for the show.
KH settings for TTL
Proguba (Anastasia)
St. Petersburg (Huck's Landing)
Great Valley (The Land Before Time)
The Bayou (The Rescuers or All Dogs Go to Heaven)
Arendelle (The Snow Queen)
Porter Hills (ET; A mix of Porter Ranch and Granada Hills, the Los Angeles neighborhoods where most of ET was filmed)
Port Royal (Pirates of the Caribbean)
Manhattan (TMNT or Gargoyles)
Anastasia, Huck's Landing, Land Before Time, Snow Queen, ET, and Pirates of the Caribbean are absolute musts for inclusion, period.

And as for the worlds that have two options, why not combine the two franchises chosen? We can have Charlie and Itchy as members of the Rescue Aid Society, since Evinrude is not a mouse, but still part of the business, or even the King Gator teaming up with Nero and Brutus. We can also have Goliath having a team-up moment with Master Splinter in the Manhattan world.

Just a couple of suggestions for getting the crossover aspect of this crossover game even better at the start.

I'm sure that won't be too weird of an idea.
Thanks! After all, Universal distributes the DreamWorks films, Microsoft owns Sega as part of Paramount, Universal and Paramount co-own UPN, and Miguel & Tulio themselves have that "frat boy" nature to them at times.
Superman appeared in an American Express commercial with Jerry Seinfeld not too long ago ITTL.
Glad that still exists.
And more recently, Daniel Abbott, Devon Sawa, Brenda Song and Seth MacFarlane each appeared in a spot for the Burger King Kids Club tie-in for Casper and Molly McGee.
Honestly, it's more surprising to me how the Burger King Kids Club is still around in 2000.
That'll be for another moment, and hopefully with @eldandythedoubter's involvement in the planning.

And if the Fox dubs are still on the table here, why not have Maya the Bee make a cameo in the 100 Acre Wood world?