Maid of Norway, Queen of Scotland: A Plantagenet Britain Timeline

It very much was a big deal in Christian Europe. It’s not the stuff you would boast about.Different rules for Ottomans and Christian Europe.While stuff like that still happen, it’s not something taken for natural like in the Ottoman Empire.As soon as news broke that King John had murdered his neohew for example, his vassals who helped him capture his nephew all defected to the king of France.
Well said.

Hey, guys, I'm having some difficulty choosing the names for Margaret and Édouard's younger daughters. Anyone have any suggestions? :/

Was thinking in honor of her father but maybe the english and scots would not accept it?
The English accept whatever name the monarch dictates, including that lowly Anglo-Saxon name Edward(Henry III caused some controversy by calling his son Edward for example, as it was thought by the Anglo-Norman nobles to be a lowly saxon name),but his choice. In this scenario, Eric is the name of the child’s grandfather and a king himself.Would also point to a possible attempt to claim the Norwegian throne.

Last edited:
The English accept whatever name the monarch dictates, including that lowly Anglo-Saxon name Edward(Henry III caused some controversy by calling his son Edward for example, as it was thought by the Anglo-Norman nobles to be a lowly saxon name),but his choice. In this scenario, Eric is the name of the child’s grandfather and a king himself.Would also point to a possible attempt to claim the Norwegian throne.
Good point. Although as @pandizzy mentioned before the norwegian throne does not accept queens, margaret is not aware of that fact.

Only issue is that Norway had agnatic succession so female succession is not possible as long as there is males left. And Eric has at least younger brother who would succeed him if Eric has not son. But if ITTL Eric has son Margaret and her children has not chances to climb to Norweigian throne. In other hand I would be intrested to see surviving Kingdom of Norway as fully independent through centuries instead losing that to Denmark in 14th century.

My suggestions for Edward's and Margaret's children: Edward, Alexander and Eric for boys and Margaret and Eleanor for girls.

Good point. Although as @pandizzy mentioned before the norwegian throne does not accept queens, margaret is not aware of that fact.
Only issue is that Norway had agnatic succession so female succession is not possible as long as there is males left. And Eric has at least younger brother who would succeed him if Eric has not son. But if ITTL Eric has son Margaret and her children has not chances to climb to Norweigian throne. In other hand I would be intrested to see surviving Kingdom of Norway as fully independent through centuries instead losing that to Denmark in 14th century.

My suggestions for Edward's and Margaret's children: Edward, Alexander and Eric for boys and Margaret and Eleanor for girls.

Precedence are made. Some traitor has clearly misinterpreted the law. At any rate, IOTL, the throne was taken by the son of Margaret’s female cousin eventually.

Last edited: