Explain the AH Quote

Byzantine Emperor Manuel V, just days before Constantinople fell to the forces of the Fifteenth Crusade.

"As much as I enjoy seeing a quality portrait of me on my coinage, this one - what's the word? Oh yeah. SUCKS!"
Leif III, King of Norway, commenting on the latest product out of his coin mints. Many careers would end over the matter.

Forefathers one and all, BEAR WITNESS!!

Forefathers one and all, BEAR WITNESS!!
Napoleon showing Charlemagne the destruction of Moscow by the cannon ball to end all cannon balls (Later known as atomic cannons) after the great time incident brought various pieces, people and such forth to the early 1800s.

"Frankly my dear I don't give a damn".

Napoleon showing Charlemagne the destruction of Moscow by the cannon ball to end all cannon balls (Later known as atomic cannons) after the great time incident brought various pieces, people and such forth to the early 1800s.

"Frankly my dear I don't give a damn".
Attributed to Henry VIII of England, telling his first wife Catherine of Aragon he was planning to divorce her in favor of Mary Boleyn. Boleyn had been the king's mistress for many years by the time 1530 rolled around and Henry was desperate for a son after Catherine had given him none. Mary Boleyn would go on to give the king several children, including Henry IX and Edmund, Duke of York.

"Why fear death? It is the most beautiful adventure in life."

Attributed to Henry VIII of England, telling his first wife Catherine of Aragon he was planning to divorce her in favor of Mary Boleyn. Boleyn had been the king's mistress for many years by the time 1530 rolled around and Henry was desperate for a son after Catherine had given him none. Mary Boleyn would go on to give the king several children, including Henry IX and Edmund, Duke of York.

"Why fear death? It is the most beautiful adventure in life."
The Sentinel of Liberty, Last American Hero, speaking to President Rogers, Last President of the United States of America, when the former was about to go to his inevitable death against a far stronger opponent (in every way). The Sentinel did not fear death, and in fact welcomed it. When the United States was about to end, the Sentinel could not live with his own failure and sought out a death at the hands of the greatest opponent of all time. He got his wish.

"There is no honor here. There are only a few men screaming against the inevitable."

"There is no honor here. There are only a few men screaming against the inevitable."
Reportedly the last words of Tolui, Great Khan of the Mongols, before his ill fated duel with the German Emperor Frederick before the walls of Constantinople in 1248.

"There may in fact be no spoon. So how on earth did I just eat that bowl of soup?"

There may in fact be no spoon. So how on earth did I just eat that bowl of soup?"
A wise monk in the himilayas forgetting they had slurped the soup as there sect had banned spoons.

"My wife lies to me, my beer company betrays me, Americans are giving Mexicans diarrhea, what the hell is going on here".

A wise monk in the himilayas forgetting they had slurped the soup as there sect had banned spoons.

"My wife lies to me, my beer company betrays me, Americans are giving Mexicans diarrhea, what the hell is going on here".
King Alfonso XII of Spain in the 1880s. His beer company betrayed him by moving most of its facilities out of Spain and into the United States of America, which was more advanced and had a better working environment. The Americans gave the Mexicans diarrhea due to water pollution from the Rio Grande due to mining operations. The king was trying to figure out what was happening to him, and whether or not to try and mediate the Rio Grande pollution problem before his advisors and legislature told him there was no political gain to be had from trying to mediate this conflict.

"If you do not care, you cannot get hurt."

"If you do not care, you cannot get hurt."
King Edward IX on receiving the news that his wife and sons had been slaughtered in the sack of Caen in 1446.
The actually enraged King used this outrage as a rallying cry for his European allies. The English conquest of France was completed within three years and Edward had the French King and his whole family brought up on trumped-up heresy charges and burned at the stake. The modern day United Kingdom of Great Britain and France exists now because of this one event.

"Look at that bloke in the background! He's got manboobs!"
"That's my mother!"

"Look at that bloke in the background! He's got manboobs!"
"That's my mother!"

A line from "Dumb of the Dead", a 2007 movie born as a parody of the zombie genre. Despite the best intentions of the producers and director Barack Obama, the movie was a commercial failure. However, it must be pointed out that it came out around the same time as the long awaited Marvel Zombies movie, which was a huge success.

"Since when does Sue Storm have such small knockers?"

"Since when does Sue Storm have such small knockers?"
An infamous phrase repeatedly uttered by detractors of the Roger Corman Fantastic Four film following its release. The film was derided for being a cheap cash-grab of the Fantastic Four comic books by Marvel Comics, with the slipshod, low-quality special effects and its terrible performances by the cast as a result of Constantin Film's attempt to hold onto the rights of the IP by producing a cheaply-made ashcan copy. Rebecca Staab suffered depression and anxiety issues from the constant harassment of detractors at fan conventions and frequent hate mail. She said in an interview that she despises hearing this phrase, admitting it was regularly hurled at her during appearances at such events and lead to her low points of life.

"The sudden, unexpected popularity of Fate/Stay Night by Type-Moon and English licensor Megatech Software upon in its release on 2005 was noteworthy for being an 'anime game'. It became the fifth best-selling PC game in the United States, knocking off Revenge of the Sith tie-in game from its position and the first 'anime game' to do so. The main protagonist, Ayaka Sajyou, was lauded for being a quality example of a female protagonist in video games. The success of the game inspired other licensors of 'anime games' to scramble to find the next 'Fate' as well commission West Coast-based eroge developers to produce games similar to Fate/Stay Night."
- An Unabridged History of Anime Games (2020) by Cynthia Wu and Hannah Everheart.

"The sudden, unexpected popularity of Fate/Stay Night by Type-Moon and English licensor Megatech Software upon in its release on 2005 was noteworthy for being an 'anime game'. It became the fifth best-selling PC game in the United States, knocking off Revenge of the Sith tie-in game from its position and the first 'anime game' to do so. The main protagonist, Ayaka Sajyou, was lauded for being a quality example of a female protagonist in video games. The success of the game inspired other licensors of 'anime games' to scramble to find the next 'Fate' as well commission West Coast-based eroge developers to produce games similar to Fate/Stay Night."
- An Unabridged History of Anime Games (2020) by Cynthia Wu and Hannah Everheart.
This excerpt from An Unabridged History of Anime Games, more specifically chapter 16, covers the beginning of the explosive popularity of the Fate series, currently the fifth-best selling PC game series of all time.

“Following the discovery of Titanic‘s wreck in 1977, a new theory was postulated - the ship collided with an iceberg that managed to rip open her hull from bow to stern, which caused her to sink in a matter of minutes before any distress signals could be sent out. The iceberg collision theory has since been accepted as the leading theory behind Titanic’s disappearance.”

“Following the discovery of Titanic‘s wreck in 1977, a new theory was postulated - the ship collided with an iceberg that managed to rip open her hull from bow to stern, which caused her to sink in a matter of minutes before any distress signals could be sent out. The iceberg collision theory has since been accepted as the leading theory behind Titanic’s disappearance.”
Quote from the Documentary "The Mystery of the Titanic". In 1923, the famed ship was returning home to Britain, but never arrived in London, causing a media stir. Some said the IRA had bombed the ship, others stated it got lost and it had no communications, or that America had destroyed the ship or it went down in a storm. Even now, rival theories to the Iceberg arise, such as beliefs that the gash was created from the Hull crashing at the bottom of the sea, to paranormal answers, such as sea monsters.

"Do the British Republicans know any song other than 'Farewell to the crown?!'" ~ TV Host and Future British President John Oliver, 2012.

Quote from the Documentary "The Mystery of the Titanic". In 1923, the famed ship was returning home to Britain, but never arrived in London, causing a media stir. Some said the IRA had bombed the ship, others stated it got lost and it had no communications, or that America had destroyed the ship or it went down in a storm. Even now, rival theories to the Iceberg arise, such as beliefs that the gash was created from the Hull crashing at the bottom of the sea, to paranormal answers, such as sea monsters.

"Do the British Republicans know any song other than 'Farewell to the crown?!'" ~ TV Host and Future British President John Oliver, 2012.
Oliver's comments on a Republican protest outside Balmoral that had divided among different factions each drowning each other out.Since a parody of "God Save the Queen" called "Farewell to the Crown" opened the protest, the question was making fun of the protest for having that one demand. Oliver himself became President by devising for his next segment a definite republican program. This program was adopted when the monarchy was finally abolished and in recognition of his inspiring the system he resigned after four years because he didn't want the office.
"Paris may be worth a mass, London is more costly" Charles Francis Stuart Rex Anglorum et Scoturum

Last edited:
"Paris may be worth a mass, London is more costly" Charles Francis Stuart Rex Anglorum et Scoturum
Charles Francis Stuart Rex Anglorum et Scoturum comments on the ongoing invasion of the Celto - Britonic isles by the American empire lead by the long exiled Tudor dynasty. Charles, a decendant of Mary Queen of Scots, had not anticicpated such broad support from the English populace for the return of the Tudors. But after centuries of being ruled by another foreign monarch the English had had enough.

Charles would be forced to abandon not just his birth home of Scotland, but the rest of the Celto - Britonic isles and was forced to flee to his continental holdings based out of France. He would not live to see another attempt to reclaim the isles.

Historians mark this point as where the isles became a battlefield between America and France despite both being ruled by former British dynasties. The exception is the Irish republic which fell into the Russian republics sphere of influence and has been fairly peaceful ever since.

"We'll move to Berlin, Bobby will be accepted there".

"We'll move to Berlin, Bobby will be accepted there". - Oscar winning actor John F. Kennedy on his brother Bobby. Bobby had recently been outted a member of the communist party and was black listed, and although John was a die hard republican and western film star he was determined to help out his younger brother. Bobby as we all knew wouldn't move to Berlin but would help form the communist party that would overthrown the United States government in 1977 and emerge as their leader.

"I told Gene Roddenberry that we absolutely should recast the role of Abraham Lincoln with Mark Hamill. But of course unfornately he had to go with Jack Nicholas which ultimately caused the Time Tunnel to be cancelled."

"I told Gene Roddenberry that we absolutely should recast the role of Abraham Lincoln with Mark Hamill. But of course unfornately he had to go with Jack Nicholas which ultimately caused the Time Tunnel to be cancelled."
Producer Irwin Allen's remarks on the causes of the failure behind the last episode of The Time Tunnel television drama. Gene Roddenberry replaced Irwin Allen by the behest of the executives at ABC in November, before the airing of "Secret Weapon", and Irwin was relegated to creative consultant during filming. Irwin advised Gene on how to produce and handle filming a series during the production of "The Death Trap".

According to production diaries, Abraham Lincoln was supposed to be played by the then-unknown Mark Hamill, but Gene vetoed Irwin's suggestion in favor of casting Jack Nicholas, a recent television star fresh off playing the title character of Philbert aired on CBS. This decision led to a fiasco where Jack Nicholas was arrested for the possession of drugs and illegal possession of firearms, thereby ending his career and jeopardizing the production of the episode. Sensing further troubles in foresight, the ABC executives cancelled the show quickly.

"The American first-person shooters, Perfect Dark, System Shock 2, and Soldier of Fortune, were cited by Mink as inspirations for their FPS eroge for Windows Mission of Murder during development. The game focuses on D, an assassin employed as a bodyguard for a girl named Shinmei Tsubasa, who becomes embroiled in supernatural events in a cyberpunk-themed city. This game was noted for being the first FPS developed and published in Japan combined with being the first anime-styled FPS game in the United States."
-- An Unabridged History of Anime Games (2020) by Cynthia Wu and Hannah Everheart.

"The American first-person shooters, Perfect Dark, System Shock 2, and Soldier of Fortune, were cited by Mink as inspirations for their FPS eroge for Windows Mission of Murder during development. The game focuses on D, an assassin employed as a bodyguard for a girl named Shinmei Tsubasa, who becomes embroiled in supernatural events in a cyberpunk-themed city. This game was noted for being the first FPS developed and published in Japan combined with being the first anime-styled FPS game in the United States."
-- An Unabridged History of Anime Games (2020) by Cynthia Wu and Hannah Everheart.
A quotation from the popular Unabridged History of Anime Games by authors Cynthia Wu and Hannah Everheart, discussing the inspiration for Japanese First Person Shooters that would later dominate the international markets worldwide, specifically Windows' Mission of Murder, developed in part by Suda 51, a Japanese game developer known for his outlandish style.

Oh, hail Benny Arnold, now he's steadfast and true,
In service to the Union, he'll see us through.
With valor and wisdom, he leads the way,
For America's glory, we'll proudly say:
Benedict Arnold, our chosen guide,
For liberty's cause, he'll never hide.
United we stand, by his side we stand tall,
With Arnold as leader, we'll conquer all!

(OOC: To the tune of John Brown's Body)

Oh, hail Benny Arnold, now he's steadfast and true,
In service to the Union, he'll see us through.
With valor and wisdom, he leads the way,
For America's glory, we'll proudly say:
Benedict Arnold, our chosen guide,
For liberty's cause, he'll never hide.
United we stand, by his side we stand tall,
With Arnold as leader, we'll conquer all!
The lyrics to "Oh hail to Benny Arnold", which honored military leader and second president of the United States Benedict Arnold. While Arnold's exploits during the Revolutionary War were somewhat legendary, he is most famously remembered for acting as a double agent and pretending to defect to the British, which gave American troops vital information on movements of the British army. During his tenure as president, Benedict Arnold was rather famously the first president to oppose slavery outright, famously saying that he believed "All men should be free men." This famous phrase would later be echoed by future Presidents John Brown and Ignatius Donnelly.

"Senator Nixon and I both oppose McCarthy's witch hunts, not because we're soft on Communism, but because his persistent persecution of the American people is beginning to very much resemble the behavior of our enemies. He not only makes our party look bad, he damages the reputation of the whole country." - John F. Kennedy

This quote by John F. Kennedy is a commentary on Senator Joseph McCarthy's infamous anti-communist crusade during the 1950s in the United States. Let's break it down:

Kennedy is stating that both he and Senator Nixon oppose McCarthy's "witch hunts." This refers to McCarthy's tactics of making often baseless accusations of communism against individuals in various sectors of society, including government, entertainment, and academia. He clarifies that their opposition to McCarthy isn't because they're sympathetic to communism. Both Kennedy and Nixon were staunch anti-communists, but they disagreed with McCarthy's methods of rooting out communism. Kennedy suggests that McCarthy's actions resemble those of the enemies of the United States. This comparison likely refers to totalitarian regimes like the Soviet Union, which used similar tactics of persecution and repression against their own people. He argues that McCarthy's actions are not only harmful to their political party (presumably the Republican Party, to which Nixon belonged), but also to the reputation and moral standing of the entire country. McCarthy's relentless pursuit of alleged communists tarnished the principles of justice and freedom upon which the United States prided itself.

In summary, Kennedy's quote reflects a condemnation of McCarthyism, emphasizing the damage it inflicted on individuals, political discourse, and the nation as a whole. Kennedy and Nixon opposed McCarthy not out of sympathy for communism but out of a concern for the integrity of American democracy and the rule of law.

"I'm going to watch all six Star Trek television series - the original, The Next Generation, Oberon, Deep Space Nine, Discovery and Daedalus. I have watched all thirteen Star Trek films from the first one to the thirteenth movie - the most recent J.J. Abrams' reboot movie. It's the 45th anniversary."

Last edited:
This quote by John F. Kennedy is a commentary on Senator Joseph McCarthy's infamous anti-communist crusade during the 1950s in the United States. Let's break it down:

Kennedy is stating that both he and Senator Nixon oppose McCarthy's "witch hunts." This refers to McCarthy's tactics of making often baseless accusations of communism against individuals in various sectors of society, including government, entertainment, and academia. He clarifies that their opposition to McCarthy isn't because they're sympathetic to communism. Both Kennedy and Nixon were staunch anti-communists, but they disagreed with McCarthy's methods of rooting out communism. Kennedy suggests that McCarthy's actions resemble those of the enemies of the United States. This comparison likely refers to totalitarian regimes like the Soviet Union, which used similar tactics of persecution and repression against their own people. He argues that McCarthy's actions are not only harmful to their political party (presumably the Republican Party, to which Nixon belonged), but also to the reputation and moral standing of the entire country. McCarthy's relentless pursuit of alleged communists tarnished the principles of justice and freedom upon which the United States prided itself.

In summary, Kennedy's quote reflects a condemnation of McCarthyism, emphasizing the damage it inflicted on individuals, political discourse, and the nation as a whole. Kennedy and Nixon opposed McCarthy not out of sympathy for communism but out of a concern for the integrity of American democracy and the rule of law.

"I'm going to watch all six Star Trek television series - the original, The Next Generation, Oberon, Deep Space Nine, Discovery and Daedalus. I have watched all thirteen Star Trek films from the first one to the thirteenth movie - the most recent J.J. Abrams' reboot movie. It's the 45th anniversary."

Kelly Renée Gissendaner's last request before her execution, this request was granted and her last meal of Pizza and Pepsi was when she finished the reboot movie.

"As painful as it is to admit our current economic policies have failed and we have no choice but to change course."