Map Thread XXII

Finally getting up to steam on this project. Outline for old world continents a somewhat modified version of someone else's work (will credit in final version) and probably will change further (I really don't like the shape of western "Europe" and "Africa")

ConanInProgress.png

Thank you. The map design is a bunch of idiosyncracies on my part since my use of Inkscape is akin to a caveman bashing a rock and hoping to get something

Hey, that's orders of magnitude better than what I can do, I basically only use it to make title text for maps.

Finally getting up to steam on this project. Outline for old world continents a somewhat modified version of someone else's work (will credit in final version) and probably will change further (I really don't like the shape of western "Europe" and "Africa")

View attachment 903391
I for sure have a fancy for the way that the American supercontinent looks.....

US Loss 1812 Layout.png

A scenario where the US loses 1812 decisively, New England breaks off and becomes a prosperous British-aligned federation, and the US falls into a series of military governments interspersed with periods of democratic rule, not unlike many of the Latin American republics.

Last edited:
A scenario where the US loses 1812 decisively, New England breaks off and becomes a prosperous British-aligned federation, and the US falls into a series of military governments interspersed with periods of democratic rule, not unlike many of the Latin American republics.
something is wrong with New England’s wikibox map

View attachment 903571
How did New England become so Catholic?

Also, is there's a greater monetary union using Pounds Sterling, or is it just NE?

What becomes of Louisiana @Aichi72 ?
British Crown Colony into Dominion.
How did New England become so Catholic?

Also, is there's a greater monetary union using Pounds Sterling, or is it just NE?
May be, Irish Migration, as OTL?
Irish migration, plus the Protestants grow increasingly liberal over time and just start bleeding followers to more traditional denominations such as the Catholics. Also, there was a lot of French Catholic migration to New England from Canada looking for work. Plus, the *US is quite unstable and anti-immigration ITTL, so the vast majority of the non-WASP (and even a good chunk of those as well) immigration it got OTL ends up elsewhere. New England is one of the primary recipients, as well as Borealia, New Spain, Brazil, as well as increased internal migration in Europe.

View attachment 903571
I do see the New Hampshire lost a bit of land, and that Massachusetts might have got back or lost more of that tiny corner of land they gave to New York. Unsure. Really, for 1812 divergent maps it always feels a bit weird with the British taking Maine or other land from New England and then being on friendly terms with them afterwards, given how New England was basically neutral during the war and how they, and not the southern states, had the real issues over impressment and their shipping being seized. Possibly because they actually did trading with the British, while the French just seized their ships for profit. Did Maine go with the Maritimes here into its own little federation as well? I am curious about further west as well, and if the Haudenesee came back and etc. Can we expect some sequels?

I do see the New Hampshire lost a bit of land, and that Massachusetts might have got back or lost more of that tiny corner of land they gave to New York. Unsure. Really, for 1812 divergent maps it always feels a bit weird with the British taking Maine or other land from New England and then being on friendly terms with them afterwards, given how New England was basically neutral during the war and how they, and not the southern states, had the real issues over impressment and their shipping being seized. Possibly because they actually did trading with the British, while the French just seized their ships for profit. Did Maine go with the Maritimes here into its own little federation as well? I am curious about further west as well, and if the Haudenesee came back and etc. Can we expect some sequels?
governor caleb strong of massachusetts had been willing to give up Maine OTL as well and lead a possible New England confederation under British auspices according to America on the brink by Richard buel

British Crown Colony into Dominion.

Irish migration, plus the Protestants grow increasingly liberal over time and just start bleeding followers to more traditional denominations such as the Catholics. Also, there was a lot of French Catholic migration to New England from Canada looking for work. Plus, the *US is quite unstable and anti-immigration ITTL, so the vast majority of the non-WASP (and even a good chunk of those as well) immigration it got OTL ends up elsewhere. New England is one of the primary recipients, as well as Borealia, New Spain, Brazil, as well as increased internal migration in Europe.
By that same token, would we see a lot of New Englanders moving into Canada, much as they did IOTL? Though usually it was to southern Ontario I think. Harder to get there here, and I feel a lot of French Canadians might also head to Louisiana for the Cajun and Acadians. Actually, I can see the Acadians being a useful term used for the various British aligned states in North America. Also some good places for French republicans, monarchists, etc to flee to at various points in time.

governor caleb strong of massachusetts had been willing to give up Maine OTL as well and lead a possible New England confederation under British auspices according to America on the brink by Richard buel
You may want to give a quote or page number on that. Wikipedia seems to suggest he was just willing to give up areas the Americans conquered, while I am leaning towards him just being favorable on not taking he entirety of the land New Brunswick disputed with Massachusetts back then.