Bush vs. The Axis of Evil - TL

Brilliant artwork, Doggo.

Coupled with the length of these three timelines. FoM lasted for 88 years (1932-2020), DoR for 33 years (1989-2022) and BVTAOE for 26 years (1998-2024).

It also indicates Sorairo's slow drift towards moving away from making alt-history timelines and going for writing "localized" novels based on his own interests.

POD in DOR is in 1993 unless I have missed something small detail.

I am not sure if Merkel becomes chancellor ITTL since Schröder lasts longer.
Just wondering but will Angela Merkel and her party continue their policy of "Democratization through trade" with Russia, or has that been abandoned?
Schröder won the 2005 election ITTL on a wave of Anti American sentiment. He is only removed a few years later by the SPD for being too pro Russia after Russian troops were sent into Ukraine to prop up Yanukovych. CDU won the next election and Franz Josef Jung became the next Chancellor

What about the other ASEAN countries' changes after the GWOT like Singapore, Philippines, Malaysia, and Vietnam?
Let's see...

Without Indonesia who still inward-focusing because of the Monetary Crisis, they kinda looking for themselves for recovery.

Singapore with its prominent status would focus to try building relationship with South American nations after America's Great Retreat to avoid falling into China's sphere.

Thailand and Philippines can rally towards Japan, Taiwan, and Korea after the Great Retreat

Malaysia, Myanmar, and Vietnam would falling into China's sphere like OTL

Cambodia, Brunei, and Laos is an interesting case as they can either pressured by Vietnam and China in one side and Japan and Thailand on the other side.

Timor Leste becoming a failed state after getting its oil taken by Australia and only survived because of China

Thailand and Philippines can rally towards Japan, Taiwan, and Korea after the Great Retreat
Agreed.
Malaysia, Myanmar, and Vietnam would falling into China's sphere like OTL
Wouldn’t Vietnam be more likely to orient towards Japan and Korea? Considering they’ve got active territorial disputes with China and fought a war with them at the end of the 70s, and have OTL been leaning towards better relations with America specifically to avoid falling into China’s orbit, ITTL I’d have assumed they’d form an alliance/understanding of necessity with Japan.

Anecdotally, the Vietnamese I know really don’t like the Chinese, and one friend told me that in Vietnam there’s little bad blood towards Japan from the war but there’s widespread distrust of China.

Wouldn't Vietnam be more likely to orient towards Japan and Korea? Considering they’ve got active territorial disputes with China and fought a war with them at the end of the 70s, and have OTL been leaning towards better relations with America specifically to avoid falling into China’s orbit, ITTL I’d have assumed they’d form an alliance/understanding of necessity with Japan.

Anecdotally, the Vietnamese I know really don’t like the Chinese, and one friend told me that in Vietnam there’s little bad blood towards Japan from the war but there’s widespread distrust of China.
Depending on how the Vietnamese felt towards the First Bush Administration and how China can capitalize on that momentum, even influencing the VCP Congress on their favour.

But fair enough, there would be a 75-25 chance instead of a guaranteed drift towards China.

Some addendums, this formatting is quite confusing but I wanted to add in paragraphs, I am working on a map of this timeline and so I wanted to know more things about it for the map to be accurate in representing the world that the author has in his mind:

• To people in this thread: Sorairo has explicitly mentioned that the name of the Russian state ITTL is the "Union of Eastern Slavic Republics", (UESR) not "Union of Slavic Republics" (USR), the latter name sounds better, makes sense due to Russia historically wanting to be the center of the Slavic world and the main representative of Pan-Slavism, and "USR" is also a cool downgrade and ironic pun on the English abbreviation for "USSR", but it is up to the author to choose which name for the country it is.

• People have already pointed out that the Gagauz people of Moldova are Eastern Orthodox Christians, not Muslims, yes they are a Turkic group, but religiously-wise, they are Eastern Orthodox Christians (also, I am apparently of Gagauz descent myself!, judging by my Romanian/Moldovan ancestors' Turkic surnames, and the presence of Gagauz immigrants in Brazil, but I am not 100% sure of that), so you should change that.

• Is Kurdistan only geographically made up of the Kurdish governorates of Iraq?, because IOTL, the Kurds control and administer an area that is quite bigger than that, since I am making a map of TTL, I wanted to know what the borders of the independent Kurdistan look like, same with how in The Death of Russia, we are really not sure if Afghanistan also annexed the Pashtun-majority areas of Balochistan in Pakistan, resulting in inconsistent and contradictory maps of the TL getting made.

• Same with the borders of the Republic of Korea and the Chinese-administered areas of the former DPRK, at least for me, the two maps of the post-2KW Korea posted in here so far look contradictory and different, I really wanted to see what the map that the author got in mind looks like, but since Sorairo replied to the map by @erictom333, and it is also in the WorldA projection that I am also using, then at least for the moment being, I will use a similar border that he portrayed in his map, and I will also use the Pyongyang Exclusion Zone that he put in it.

• Since Sorairo has said that every OTL border change has still happened ITTL, maybe the borders and new countries could still arise, however, the wars and insurgencies who affect the world map IOTL may not, so for the sake of convenience, I will use an already pre-existing map of OTL 2023 that I made, which includes things such as the Second Yemeni Civil War and Houthi-controlled areas of Yemen, the ongoing war in Ethiopia, the Jihadist insurgency in the Sahel (although I assume that ISIS does not exists ITTL and Al-Qaeda is severely weakened), the Myanmar Civil War, etc., and then the author and/or other users can comment and critique on it.
  • Some things will end up not making sense, for example, ITTL the Taliban never fell from power, so I am assuming that Pakistan would face less insurgencies, since many Afghan insurgents did not escape the Pakistani border regions after the US took Kabul, I am not sure if the Islamic Courts Union is still in power in Somalia, which thus butterflies away the Al-Shabaab insurgency, I will have to edit out the factions in OTL Libya, since the First Libyan Civil War never happened and Gadaffi was never overthrown, edit out Rojava and Syrian rebel groups since the Syrian Civil War started and ended earlier than OTL, etc.

• I do not recall Sorairo mentioning if Crimea and the Donbas were annexed into Russia (as a member of the UESR), and since all of Ukraine was already de-facto annexed into Russia proper, I am assuming that Crimea and the Donbas are still administratively a part of the "Republic of the Ukraine" or whatever Ukraine is called in the UESR, Ukraine and Belarus were already de-facto annexed by Russia again, so there is little reason for Russia to still insist in annexing them when these places are already de-facto Russian, and also risk causing discontent among the Ukrainian population.

• People in here should remember that IOTL, South Korea has the Committee for the Five Northern Korean Provinces, which de-jure administers provinces with different borders than the one in North Korea, people who make maps should have that in mind, instead of just coloring most of North Korea under the same color of the ROK and calling it a day, however, I am assuming that in the Chinese-occupied zone, the former subdivisions of North Korea remained intact, as artifacts of the DPRK.

• Is Pyongyang a no-man's land that is de-facto not even a part of the Republic of Korea, or does the ROK has de-jure control of the area, even if it is a no-go zone?

• I am assuming that the Republic of Korea, which annexed most but not all of North Korean territory, has dropped claims on the Chinese-occupied areas, or do they still claim authority over all of the Korean Peninsula, like in their OTL constitution?, since ITTL the Republic of Korea is a very nationalistic and militaristic nuclear-armed state, and Korean Nationalism is much more prevalent and normalized, then I am assuming that they still claim the whole of the Korean Peninsula as their territory, including the Chinese-occupied regions, like how the Republic of China/Taiwan still de-jure claims all of China plus even more territory, even if the claims solely exist on paper.
  • And Romania, which annexed Moldova, has dropped territorial claims to Transnistria, right?, it also useful to mention that the separatists in Transnistria officially call themselves the Pridnestrovian Moldovan Republic (PMR), or Pridnestrovie for short.
  • So ITTL the name of the Russian oblast could be Pridnestrovskaya Oblast (Приднестро́вская Oбласть), or Pridnestrovye Oblast (Приднестровье Oбласть), or Russia could just let them retain their PMR name, like how the OTL separatist republics in the Dobas retained their original names even after being annexed into Russia (current politics, so I will stop here), as far as I know, "Transnistria" is a name exclusively used by foreigners and anti-separatists, and separatists view that name as insulting.
  • I recall watching a Bald and Bankrupt video of him traveling in Transnistria, he had a drink with some drunk gentlemen in a bar, and they were quite offended when he called their "country" as Transnistria, the drunk guy told on his face loud and clear that they are called Prid-nes-trovie!, and that they hate the name Transnistria, due to its association with the Transnistria Governorate of Fascist Romania in WWII, who was very active in oppressing and killing the Slavs, Jews, and Roma of the region.
Edit: Found the Bald and Bankrupt video about the Transnistria/Pridnestrovie names, the part I am talking about is at 05:02 -

Last edited:
I wonder what the former North Koreans now think of the Americans now? Do they still view them as "Yankee Imperialists"? I cna see the former Shinchon Atrocities Museum transformed from an anti-American museum to an anti-Kim family one.

I wonder what the former North Koreans now think of the Americans now? Do they still view them as "Yankee Imperialists"? I cna see the former Shinchon Atrocities Museum transformed from an anti-American museum to an anti-Kim family one.
They will see them the way the Moon Cult tells them to see them, so the question is more like "What do Moonies think of Americans?"

They will see them the way the Moon Cult tells them to see them, so the question is more like "What do Moonies think of Americans?"
"America.... FUCK YEAH!!" *Team America music intensifies as Moonies have their balls gargled by their lobbyist schills in D.C.*
This feels like the stuff of comedy night material
I would also really like to know how the carpet bombing of Pyongyang in the First Korean War would be seen and taught in both Korea and the US, because even if you remove the parts of North Korea committing Nanking levels of mass rape, mass hostage takings and kidnappings of children, and the normalization of South Korean ultra-nationalism, which would obviously obscure atrocities perpetrated by the West and South Koreans against North Korea, it seems that very, very few North Koreans who experienced it between 1950-1953 would still be living in TTL 2024.